Long term tenant

I've just been talking to my agent.

My (soon to be sold) flock of bats comes complete with a caretaker- now in his late 70s. And yes- his rent is slightly below market. He pays $40pw. The agent has suggested that I raise his rent- but he's done too good a job though for me to do that to him. He keeps the grounds in good order, and the tenants in line.

The agent told me that he has been a tenant since 1982. I'd had no idea that he had been there anywhere near that long.

I hope that he will be around for another 24 years.

I would hope not Wylie.

I just proposed to the agent today that I write a letter recommending them to continue as managing agents for the property. They have been great. I would also recommend that they don't raise his rent.

Though he has an unusual rent paying pattern. He will come in every so often, and pay up to 10 weeks rent in advance.

He is fond of the horses, and I strongly suspect that this is linked to his rent paying.

congratulations

Hey Geoff,

Congratulations on the pending bat sale.
Is a new footlong subway in the wings?

Opps just read your other post Geoff
BEST OF LUCK at the oncoming Auction!

The flock of bats settles in a few days.

But my long term tenant has abandoned his tenancy without notice. He was found dead on the weekend, where he had apparently died peacefully in his sleep.

Clarrie was a real asset to the place. He kept the grounds tidy, and let us know if any tenants were out of line. He collected and forwarded mail, and got rid of all junk mail. He was very much appreciated by all the tenants as well as by the landlord.

He had paid rent some weeks in advance. The PM has the job of trying to contact relatives. Apparently rent is due up to the time relatives hand the property back. The balance goes back to his estate.

RIP Clarrie- a gentleman of the old school.

That is sad news Geoff.

Sounds like Clarrie was a well liked chap who touched the hearts of the people he made contact with.

Regards
Marty

Back