Easements -sewer

Hi

I am looking at an IP in Southern Highlands NSW . Good size land (1/2 acre), good location, ok rental return BUT there is a sewer easement on the property quite near the house.

Obviously any extensions to the house would be affected.

Has anyone had experience in assessing and possibly moving the sewer pipes? Any ideas re costs?

Hi

In W.A. whenever i have a question about this sort of thing I call a guy at the Water Corp, he works in the development department.

He usually gives me all the approx costings and possible problems over the phone. Including extending and moving pipes. I got told on Friday that extending a sewer line is $500 per metre.. that's in W.A.

I may just be lucky that he is helpful, regardless I would still call your local board and have a chat to them.

Bloody Sewers

Hello angelnot1

I went to my local council and got a copy of the 'as-constructed' sewer plans. Had a chat to council and they suggested two things. Bridge the sewer (fully encase the sewer line in concrete) or realignment (move to fence line). I took the plans to a local civil engineering mob and got a quote to do both and one was cheaper than the other. Chose the realignment and got a mob to quote for the realignment work.

$350.00 for plans from engineer.
$14,000 to move the sewer line.

Here is the old thread

$500 per metre sounds about right.

Cya
Aaron

Back