How do you find out about the properties you have bought?

How did you find out about your IP

• Internet RE.com Domain.com

Votes: 51 65.4%
  • Internet other

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Realestate Agent rang you

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Realestate Agent told you when looking at another property

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Friend told you

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • See the 'For Sale' sign

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Other, please specify

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd be interested to know people find the properties they purchase.

Stuck in a shopping center 6-7 days a week doesn't give me much option to hunt for IP's
I know what I should be doing and thats foot slogging it every weekend but atm that aint gunna happen.

So how did you do it?

Hi there
usually contact an agent to advise what we were looking for and they would take us through a number of properties, we would end up buying one.
Also have been to a number of open inspections for the one property then decided to buy.
One was sight unseen after contacting an agent about another property.
Others have been via the paper.
Does depend upon the circumstances.
thanks

Combination of a few things but mostly the local paper for the area and then went to LOTS of homes open to see what was around for the money.

Cruised around on RE.com.au too, but I like to actually visit the house and see the positives and negatives.

All the best,

1. Driving the backstreets of skanky run down industrial estates.
2. Zipping around the deserted streets of the CBD on my postie bike on a quiet Sunday morning.

1. Agents calling me with potential deals
2. Driving around my area. Some things aren't advertised on the internet
3. I also call every agent I deal with atleast once a week
4. Builders, surveyors bring the odd deal
4. People calling of private ads I run occasionally

I can't remember the last thing I bought of RE.com.au. I have built great relationships with many agents and they all know I like to have a crack before it hits the market.

I have a really bad tempered disobedient mix-breed dog that has led me to our best deals whilst walking him. My Dad has offered a number of times to quietly dispose of Zappa and replace him with a pure bred 'good with kids' dog, but I owe the old mongrel too much, even if he does bite me occasionally.

Louise.

Hey where's the "used a buyers agent" option?! :D;)

Well I've used a variety of methods all of which have pretty much been covered already but other techniques include:

Letterbox drops to favoured streets
Drive bys of areas to look for private sales
Hit the big private seller sites as well as the big boys (realestate domain myhome)
Send emails to everyone I know telling them I'm looking :D
(Include agents in this- and my distribution lists are huge)
Advertise in local papers
Talk a lot :D

Drive bys (lots and lots and lots lol), www, speaking to agents & getting on their 'list' so they called me whenever anything new came up - even before it hit the listings. Just basically being a nosey parker and a bit of a pest so I knew everything that was on/going on the market.

Good luck!

Not sure how widespread it is, but I've also noticed some agents that list a property on their agency website for about 2 days before putting it onto REA.com

We're country. A lot of places don't make it to this newfangled intarweb thing. However, the RE agent is right next door to the supermarket and the other next to the cafe, so we walk past adverts all the time.

I use domain & RE.com but I also check the websites of local real estate agents.

I also pick up the open house lists on Saturday mornings and then drive around looking at properties.

Do this for a few week in a row. After a while you will be able to tell what properties are worth and you will be able to see if a particular property is good value.

REA's are not all the same. Some price their properties high and some are more reasonable, find out which one is the reasonable one and buy from him ;)

If you don't have time to go to open houses at least make the effort to drive to your area of interest and to identify the REA's that have offices there.
Then go to their websites regularly and check for IP's for sale.
Some also advertise regularly in the local paper.

Cheers

1.for sale on lawn -private sale
2.internet -private sales
3. internet-Real Estate site
4.asked previous Vendor if he had any more

I'd be interested to know people find the properties they purchase.

Stuck in a shopping center 6-7 days a week doesn't give me much option to hunt for IP's
I know what I should be doing and thats foot slogging it every weekend but atm that aint gunna happen.

So how did you do it?

1. Attend seminars on weekends
2. Join a RE group in your area
3. Websites
4. Find a mentor
5. Newspapers
6. Form a small group of like minded people
7. Follow at least 2 ideas mentioned above. :)

Cheers

For me, they have been varied......

* internet
* Builder contact
* REA contact
* drive by (whilst on holiday during Valentine's weekend getaway - that purchase is the only thing that lasted from that relationship) ;)

I have always found REA to be an unreliable source of advance knowledge of sales even when presenting as serious buyer. I am sure they would be more incentivised if I had a listing for them as well.

I like to let my fingers do the walking on re.com and domain.com before I have to
do the driving around and putting up with the RE agents :D

Back