Alexlee......still with us?

Hello,

I don't personally know Alex Lee.....but I am wondering where he went. He was a prolific poster and then just dropped off the radar.

Anyone know what happened to him? Did he get busted at work for all that time on SS? Did I miss some major dust up that resulted in him deciding to leave?

I remember reading a post from Dazzling a while back mentioning Alex is spending 6 months cooling off in Siberia. Or something like that.

to stop the rumourmongering ... due to the attacks over on ghpc, that spilled over onto ss, alex has had a rethink about how much time he is spending here and how much info he is giving to help others and about his own situation.

i gather he was shocked by the accusations, threats and untruths over at ghpc.

i gather he is still looking but not posting. i admit i took a couple of weeks off too after reading the vindictive tripe on ghpc about myself ... but i'm a full blown addict and missed my property talk to much.

What Lizzie said...

I had lunch with Alex last week and we both discussed what has happened to SS lately and agreed that we would focus on our networking / sharing activities more through the face to face get togethers like SIG and SSG.

We have both suffered targetted personal ridicule and more as a result of our posts here as have Lizzie and others. As much as we would love to continue to be part of this excellent community, there appears times in the economic cycle where the prevailing mood is not condusive to constructive dialogue without malice. This appears to be one of those times.

But I'll keep posting. Its just I'll limit the amount of personal information I share for risk of ramifications from doing so, and I will limit the amount of optimism I display as this seems to really draw the ire of the negative members of the community at present.

Until happier days when the forum returns to a semblance of its former self...

Cheers,
Michael.

I had lunch with Alex last week and we both discussed what has happened to SS lately and agreed that we would focus on our networking / sharing activities more through the face to face get togethers like SIG and SSG.
So he has taken his bat and gone home then. Interesting!

Having been the target of a number of Alex's slings and arrows it seems he expects that sort of thing to be a one-way street. Well it isn't.

I recently lodged two TOUs against him and made a specific complaint to one of the more experienced mods that his behavour was inappropriate for a moderator. I have not had a reply so have no way of knowing if my objections were taken seriously but that was about the time he stopped posting. If he were to reconsider his style before posting, that would be a good thing.

It is sad that it has come to this. I'd like to see Alex return and would hope that members still feel free to post. The idea of restricting personal info is probably a good idea these days as a lot can be trawled from web posts anyway. Personally I thought the GHPC thread regarding Alex was appalling and incredibly immature.

The consolation is that the influx of the D&G is a great contrarian sentiment indicator. Not that they'll see the opportunity anyway

:)

Here is to better times and a more collegiate forum.

Cheers

Shane

... that his behavour was inappropriate for a moderator

Being a new member here I did think that quite a few of his posts were extremely direct and bordering on condescending.

In my weeks of trolling old posts for little nuggets of info, I read alot of Alex's posts that were very informative and helpful.

If he were to reconsider his style before posting, that would be a good thing.

Unfortunately forums are a very impersonal way to express a view and the tone of posts can easily be misundrstood.

I hope that he finds he way back as the more experienced investors here is what makes SS such a good rescource.

So he has taken his bat and gone home then. Interesting!

No. He has just taken a bit of time off from regular posting..though he still reads the forum regularly.

Having been the target of a number of Alex's slings and arrows it seems he expects that sort of thing to be a one-way street. Well it isn't.

I think you had equal opportunity to reply to those "slings & arrows" in multiple threads and you did it well. Now that he is not going to be around to reply to your comments personally, it is more of a one way street for you !

I recently lodged two TOUs against him and made a specific complaint to one of the more experienced mods that his behavour was inappropriate for a moderator. I have not had a reply so have no way of knowing if my objections were taken seriously but that was about the time he stopped posting. If he were to reconsider his style before posting, that would be a good thing.

Why the need to tell everyone what sounds like a personal matter between yourself, senior moderators and Alex..? How does it help rest of the SS knowing what eventuated between yourself and Alex..?:confused:

What is a TOU?

Term Of Use. It is what you agree to when entering any forum. You must "agree" or you can't get in.

If you are agrieved by any post, there is a red triangle in the top right where you can report the post, giving a reason.

Just putting it on the record, Harris. Someone must have been interested or the thread would not exist.

Having done so, I will now cease and desist from further comment.

I've decided to stop posting for a while and spend more time doing what I should be doing as an investor: reading, learning, looking at properties, thinking about the market. The market is in an interesting phase, and I think I'll benefit more by focusing more time on learning about it. I am not currently posting on ANY forums, and don't plan to for the time being.
Alex

Back