im calling bottom

You are a more ballsy man than I!! Good luck with it :)

Yes Nathan has very big nuts. :)

I suppose I will work out what's going on, but it's hard for a simple farmer like me.

Nathan claims no inheritance, is negatively geared to $800 per week. [my story thread]

Nathan says on the current LVR thread,......
"78%, wants to get it to 95%, so much to buy, so little bought."

Nathan also somehow has 200k of centro to play with?

All the while hoping for the all ords to crash to 3000 :eek:
Meaning our economy is probably totally rooted.

Go for it Nathan. I don't know how it all adds up, but I'm sure it will work for you.

See ya's, and good luck.

Yes Nathan has very big nuts. :)

I suppose I will work out what's going on, but it's hard for a simple farmer like me.

Nathan claims no inheritance, is negatively geared to $800 per week. [my story thread]

Nathan says on the current LVR thread,......
"78%, wants to get it to 95%, so much to buy, so little bought."

Nathan also somehow has 200k of centro to play with?

All the while hoping for the all ords to crash to 3000 :eek:
Meaning our economy is probably totally rooted.

Go for it Nathan. I don't know how it all adds up, but I'm sure it will work for you.

See ya's, and good luck.

I dont understand? are you saying im talking ****?

i dont want all ords to hit 3000, i have belief they will fall that low.

I have never had anything given too me, dont try and make out im full of it, just because im making something of myself.

I also belive i have a balanced ship, with the market either bringing CG im medium future with higher rent returns in short term.

as to global economy, last year centro was unique because their debt had expired, and couldnt roll it over, the banks wanted a lower LVR. This year centro aint unique, it is normal as many other companys are worse off... the banks have no option other then roll over their debt now... before you slag me on this, i will explain why... banks do no want anymore mess on their hands, they have enough blood on them as it is.. and secondly, centro have tried asset sales with now luck selling @ the right price, so effectively if the banks send centro into administration they will have to sell the property which centro cant sell as it is, if they were to sell it theyd need to sell @ firesale prices.
finally, most of centro debt is unsecured so they have massive upper hand.

I have held centro since december 21 last year.

You don't get it.

I bet most buying today don't care what the ASX is next week. I don't care.
Precisely. But you need to understand that the speculator cannot fathom the investor. Funnily enough, most investors I know have a solid understanding of the speculator (its a requisite for investment).

ASX at 3000 next year, and I predict you will be in big trouble. So don't wish for it.
ASX at 4000-5000 next year (I would not be surprised if it were lower) and I predict trouble for anybody holding leveraged investments, as The Great Deleveraging continues apace.

nathen if you matched the number of CNP shares to day and bought this would give you and even average at an earlier stage, i am sure you know what i mean, but for others,
say purchased 10 ABC shares @ $10 costs you $100, and they fall say 50% loss of $50
and you buy 10 more ABC @ $ 5 and costs you $50 they only need to climb to $7.50 to break even easy stuff and i suppose you all know this any ways. but ther it is for those who don't.
Is that advice? Because it's bad advice.

im making something of myself.
Yes, you certainly are. :)

I dont understand? are you saying im talking ****?

i dont want all ords to hit 3000, i have belief they will fall that low.

Nope, not at all.

I'm saying you have big nuts. Simple as that.

I also don't understand though why, if you think the all ords is going so low, that you would be holding so much CNP.? One of the riskiest bets out there.

See ya's.

I also don't understand though why, if you think the all ords is going so low, that you would be holding so much CNP.? One of the riskiest bets out there.

It really does look like the mindset I outlined (in relation to another young investor) back on page 4:
Leverage has to bring riches because he deserves it by god! He deserves to be financially independent in a decade (he reckons that will be the peak of the next 'property cycle' :rolleyes:), and obviously hard work won't get him there (he admitted he really doesn't like working - loudly, where his supervisor could hear!), so gambling big has to pay off! The alternatives are unthinkable!
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=468037&postcount=60

Your categorisation of this as "one of the riskiest bets out there" is apt I believe.

If it hits $5 thats $1 mill, pays dividends $100kpa, if it goes bust, im in ****, if it falls like it has i loose 50k...

Short term trade became a long term investment... in too far to sell...

But here's where I don't understand... can you just clarify how many shares you're holding and what the average buy price was? (If you can't work out averages, just type the price of each of your $20k parcels and I'll calculate it for you)

cant you read? i said average price of 36.5 cents... i know how to calcualate a basic equation as such.

instead of you all looking at the last post, look at the entire thread, as stated 200k @ 36.5c

Have picked up @ 1.21 highest, lowest 8.6c.

I am happy iwith my decision, and am confident of the future.

cant you read? i said average price of 36.5 cents... i know how to calcualate a basic equation as such.

instead of you all looking at the last post, look at the entire thread, as stated 200k @ 36.5c

Have picked up @ 1.21 highest, lowest 8.6c.

I am happy iwith my decision, and am confident of the future.

Sorry. I guess I must have missed that post. :eek:

All the best with it.

Don't confuse activity with results.

Its a very dangerous misconception.

Isn't that the truth.

I admit that at times I get sucked into the vortex of activity and then at the end of it could have arrived at the same destination doing very little.

Cheers

14/10/08

US Market.

buyers outstripped sellers 10 to 1 on NYSE

DJI up 11% to just under 9400
SP500 @ 1003 - up 11.8%

$AUD just under $0.70USD

gold still slipping ($842USD/oz) but silver up ($10.79USD/oz) and copper at $231USD/oz

banks all up - BAC up 6.7% - Goldman Sachs up 17%

TED spread at 4.57% - getting to be pretty decent.

Oil bounced - and nearly all oil stocks up 20-30%. even XOM up nearly 6%.

wheat prices on the climb. cattle and hogs on the climb.

AUS market

December futures at 4511.

big buy rating on AAC.

SUN re-evaluating it's sale of assets.

VPG - Valad Property Group - Withdraws FY09 earnings guidance and cancels interim 1H09 distribution on back of current market turmoil.

FMG - tenure for NZ iron sands in place to ramp up to 80Mt production. AUD$620+mil to play with.

hope that helps some folk out on here.

hey what happened to everyone on this topic.
Just three days ago people were predicting the ASX to fall below 3000 upon the death of the world, and now everyone has disapeared.

maybe they're not so sure about those 'heat of the moment' predictions anymore ;) btw, I think we might go slightly lower yet, but in a more steady manner.

still think we have failing economy at present and will see some further losses in the weeks to come...

im in process of tying the noose over the rafters...

Even I saw that one coming and I've got a hopeless track record on the stock market!

Gotta love all the press and headlines. 'Market rises almost 10%!' Yeah, but it fell 5% yesterday, so over the two days you're even! Didn't stop all the people who watched the news feel good the next day though (well the ones that spoke to me about it anyway). :rolleyes:

Back