Question for those with knowledge of QLD

re nambour..ive always been told NOT to buy there, too many issues relating to employment and limited business opportunities???

I don't know Nambour but "easy living" towns with seasonal employment (fruit picking etc) can have an active sub-culture (not sure why I didn't use the "D" word) and therefore not the best if you have teenage kids. Bowen is a bit like that, but if that's not a concern, go for it!

1. there is a lot of further infrastructure development planned for Nambour. I think if I recall correctly it is quite central to the SE Queensland development plan.

2. It already has a lot of infrastructure already. i.e the main general hospital for the entire coast, government departments, etc. So not clear on why there would be concerns regarding employment or business opportunity, if anything i would have thought it would be quite the opposite.

3. Good rental market.

4. Very cheap properties, especially relative to other parts of the coast.

5. Yes it historically has had a bit of a daggy/bogan image, but I think this is changing. This is the kind of town that in X amount of years will have evolved to have a new image and people will start complaining that they didn't invest. Take a read of something written by Margaret Lomas and various other long-term property investors and you might get an idea of ehat Im trying to say.

6. Check out the growth rates. Houses averaging 14% over the past 10 years and nearly 11% over the last year. Not bad for a town with no potential?

I invest in Nambour, only live half an hour up the road from there and definitely feel I made the right decision. It gets a tick in every box as far as I'm concerned. Great growth, great yield, great infrastructure. Schools, rail, hospitals, all of the above. Also invest in Kings Beach (Caloundra) & Bribie Island (Banksia Beach).

Hi,

I am new here and too am looking for an IP. Haven’t decided on where yet though. As this thread is aimed towards the coastal region I thought I would ship in my 2cents :confused:
What about Robina? They are upgrading the centre and there seem to be a lot of development going on there. It is also close to Bond uni.

Cheers,

J

Back