Post up your amazing result (or stupid price) of the week

I would take CG over yields, but use yields as a proxy.

If yields are exceedingly low it would become cheaper to rent than to buy. You then need to take a view that yield growth will continue to underpin capital growth. So you start looking at disposable income among other things.

While you make more money from CG than from yield, I would have thought that yield helps you discern the underlying asset value. In theory rents should rise at the same rate as CG, in the long term yields should stay similar for a particular property type. However we seem to be getting ever lower yields and people are investing on that basis.

I guess I see accepting low yields as too much of a gamble.
e.g. 3% inflation, 7% interest, 2% costs, yield of 3%

To make an actual profit you would need to have CG >10%. I suppose this is not unreasonable. However in terms of costs and interest you are tipping in up to twice as much as the person actually living there.

You pay 6% a year for the chance to make money if CG is over 10%.

unless you have CASHFLOW that is MASSIVE or PASSIVE you should not even consider studying investing ... Cashflow ladder first, Capital ladder second ... being asset rich and cashflow poor is a killer ... What ladder should you be studying now ????

The above line has been stolen off someone but relevant to some of the posts here :)

unless you have CASHFLOW that is MASSIVE or PASSIVE you should not even consider studying investing ... Cashflow ladder first, Capital ladder second ... being asset rich and cashflow poor is a killer ... What ladder should you be studying now ????

The above line has been stolen off someone but relevant to some of the posts here :)

Nathan
never a word been so true.

Cheers, MTR

Sold for double the reserve price

Here's a beauty. Went to the auction on Wed for a sticky beak:

http://www.realcommercial.com.au/cg...t=&header=&cc=&c=26966829&s=vic&tm=1267845128

Sold for 3.8 Mill. The property was announced as "on the market at 1.9 Mill, therefore this sold for double :eek: (100 % over) the reserve price.

Vacant possession.

Great location in a vibrant strip, however the retail market has gone nuts. If it's an owner occupier, I can't wait to see what type of cashflow business they have to ammortise/justify a purchase price like that.

To put a tenant in there now as is............the yield wouldn't crack 2 %

http://www.realcommercial.com.au/cg...t=&header=&cc=&c=26966829&s=vic&tm=1267845128

Sold for 3.8 Mill. The property was announced as "on the market at 1.9 Mill, therefore this sold for double :eek: (100 % over) the reserve price.

Vacant possession.

Great location in a vibrant strip, however the retail market has gone nuts. If it's an owner occupier, I can't wait to see what type of cashflow business they have to ammortise/justify a purchase price like that.

Thanks completely bonkers. The purchaser is mad.

Also have noticed that retail in the "blue chip" resi suburbs is crazy. Its either the CBD, dedicated retail strips (eg. sth yarra), or outer areas for value.

Sorry,

Nah no reno beig sold as is. Just marketing it better. This one was not on market it came via reffereal of a local in town.

I asked their price and paid it.

Vacant possession.

340 sqm. That seems ridiculous. If it was an auction that means that someone else must have been bidding up to say $3.7M. The only way I can imagine paying a super-premium was if you owned half a dozen in a row and wanted to bulldoze and redevelope the whole set. But that can't be true for two people at the one time so the under-bidder must have also have seen value well above $3M.

lol $3.8m for a VACANT commercial property in Bentleigh? so even if it's fully leased out, the yield is only ~2%? hahahaha! Where is this idiotic purchaser so I can sell him my Mitcham house for $4.0m

btw - nathan's strategy would only work in a small country town where people either a) aren't looking for property and/or b) can't afford a property and/or c) the vendor is really really desperate. It could never happen in a metropolitan area - too many contenders

Back