The Interview #12

thanks for sharing Scott.

I think it is really interesting that Scott has the idea that his interview would not be interesting or of benefit to the Somersoft forumites. I am sure that there are so many others on here who think that their investment strategies or histories are not so special but are worthwhile sharing with us and in fact are of benefit to us.

I think this story shows that regardless of what you buy and your decisions for buying, you will make money if you hold onto them for long enough. From reading Alex's posts, he works on this theory as well.

I really enjoyed your interview Scott. Helps me to feel less guilty about the places I naively sold, and the many years of not really having a plan. Really enjoyed the way you have such a balanced and flexible approach to property investing.

I also loved your honesty and lack of a firm plan, much like our style of investing.

We also like our lives as they are, hubby enjoys his work most of the time. I enjoy being at home. So the investments just hum along in the background most of the time.

Had a laugh when you said your wife didn't know about some of the investments she owns. I once went for a walk with my mum, my dog, my three boys and three of their cousins and came home with a half share in a house in hubby's name.

Didn't know if we could afford it, took a bit of a risk, but knew that if we couldn't get finance for a half share, we could buy a third share, or a quarter share and mum would take the rest, so it wasn't REALLY a risk. Hadn't seen the house until ten minutes prior to auction.

I spent the afternoon trying to get him aside (he had several mates around putting up big steel beams) to tell him he had just bought half a house. I wasn't game to just blurt it out, in case he dropped a beam on someone's head :eek:

Finally, after a few hours of nervously trying to be upbeat, I told him. His reaction.... "that's good, where is it?"

I suppose he should be used it it, as it was not the first time I have done it :D

Wylie

Thanks mate, very entertaining and your 5 tips each way are the best advice I ever heard...I really really liked the..."Avoid over analysing. It’s always possible to find a reason to NOT do something. (But do a bit more analysis than I do.)" comment...can I use this on my website please??? :)

Loved it - also have no regrets selling as we avoided going broke, bought into a better opportunity and had some cash to spare for a while - all nice things. Also important to stop and smell the roses at times, enjoy life etc etc.

Thanks for sharing your life path.
one needs to make a decision to buy the first IP.
I'm looking at No. 4 in 18 months.Working through the figues on Xl in a spread sheet I drew up on my lap top.
-G at 5.11% yield.
Geoff

Back