Pie & a pint at Meadowgate Mortgages

Well, the big day is nearly here!

Funny how some properties are more exciting than others.

In theory I get the key to Meadowgate Drive on Friday afternoon, so I thought ...

If any happy Forumites are in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne after about 6pm on Friday (This Friday, 30th January, 2004) and would like to help me 'christen' the shop, please join me for a 'Pie and a Pint' at Shop 9, Meadowgate Drive, Chirnside Park for a happy hour or two.

Please bring a chair and a mug or a glass and a funny story or two, and an RSVP by pm or email would be good, too, so I have enough pies and pizza to go around!

Oooh, it is so much fun, this is just like Christmas only better 'cos I don't have to wrap the shop up before opening it!

Hope to see some other happy investors there!

Kristine

Hooray for Kristine!!
I hope to make it, but I've promised that Friday is a "big day out" with the family, so I might need to do some grovelling first.... :D

There were ten green bottles, standing on the wall ...

And one chair left behind!

Thank you to those (you know who you are) who helped me celebrate 'The Key to the Door' on Friday evening.

We have certainly 'warmed' the place and given it a good welcome. And, of course, the party didn't leave the kitchen all night!

Someone left a chair behind, so it is there for collection, ring me when you are in the area to pick it up (I am doing further accreditations each Tuesday & Thursday for the next three weeks).

May I give a 'free plug' for Tim at Meadowgate Pizza & Fish 'n' Chips? (9727 3633) The pizzas were really yummy and he also does battered Mars Bars (!!), fish 'n' chips, burgers and a good range of seafood. So if anyone near Chirnside Park is looking for good pizzas please try Tim's cooking. He has only had the business about six months and is still building up the clientelle. It is difficult in these 'off-main street' shopping strips to attract passing trade but his cooking is worth trying.

My new neighbour (as in, she moved in today) is an accountant, and also in the street is a motivational speaker (he is off to address local estate agents on Monday), a milk bar, a food packaging company, two hairdressers and an office supplies company.

The major Chirnside Park shopping complex meant that small retailers as close by as this strip couldn't compete, and after a few years in the doldrums these shops have largely been reinvented as offices or other commercial use.

If you wait long enough, flairs will come back into fashion!

Thanks again for the good wishes. I look forward to seeing you all again soon

Regards

Kristine

mmmmmm....deep fried Mars bars :p

l wish l could have been there to join you Kristine. Best of luck with the shopfront, it must all be very exciting! l will be sure to supply the Mars bars at Meadowgate when we are pawing over our next loan application ;)

Hi Kristine,

Couldn't make it Friday but drove by the area Sunday to see where you were.

What made you pick that particular location?

Bill

Hi Bill

(and Mondie, perhaps we'll need a cholesterol counter to eat a deep fried Mars Bar!)

I love the Yarra Valley! It has something of everything - residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural, tourism etc

As I have mentioned, I will be offering a full brokerage service, not just home loans. So Plant & Equipment, Vehicle finance, finance for businesses, factories etc as well as home loans, loans for extensions or new kitchens, investment or recreation properties etc

I didn't want a glitzy shop front, but an office at street level is a bonus. There is lots of upstairs office space available but I think people like to be able to see where they are going, do a bit of window shopping etc before approaching a business.

And it's good for me to be among business neighbours. Got to have a fence to gossip over, someone to speak to on the way to the Milk Bar or the Office Supplies or whatever.

So for me, the location is perfect. Easy to find, easy to operate, and the building is huge (120+ m sq), plenty of room for files and room to lay applications out properly. Applications are commonly more than 70 pages so there has to be plenty of desk space to check and collate information.

You should see the built in file shelving in next door, plus the solicitors outgrew this shop in about two years. I have plenty of empty space now, but not for long!

Next time you are passing Bill do drop in for a coffee. The next couple of weeks will see me painting so I will be ready for a chat at any time!!

Cheers

Kristine

Thanks Kristine,

Might take you up on that coffee if I can find the time - if not I may see you on the 10th at the Investornet night.

Bill

Hi Kristine
Congratulations and well done on the new Medowgate Drive shop front, you must be thrilled,
I will call in for a coffee and a chat next time I am in the area,
Cheers
Steve

Back