Robert Allen

Hi guys,

Is anyone going to Robert Allen's worshop? What do people think about him? and his books?

Thanks,
Mary

where is he presenting?

(desipte him going bankrupt, I have fond thoughts of him. His was the first investment book I owned)
Jas

Hi Jas,

The details are:

SYDNEY: Tuesday 18th May 2004
Westfield Centre Point Convention Centre

Afternoon Session
Registration from 12.00pm
12:30pm - 2:00pm - Workshop

Evening Session
Registration from 6:30pm
7pm - 9pm - Workshop

Realised that another event - much more worthwhile in my opinion, relating to health and wellbeing - is on at the very same time! I had booked in to see Robert Allen but I'd much rather go to the other one...

Cheers,
Mary

Ps. If anyone's interested, they can book online at www.visionpursuit.com.au. He calls it his Unlimited Wealth Workshop.

Hi Jas
So does that mean he wrote a book about investing, went bankrupt, and is now running a worshop called the - Unlimited Wealth Workshop. ?? :rolleyes:

jahn

More or less, though he did make a second fortune inbetween :)

Jahn,

Many wealthy people took a few goes to make the wealth stick.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Hi acey
I know quite often the final tally comes from many attempts, not just one, and I also know that many wealthy people get their wealth from a variety of methods, including seminars, :rolleyes: but you've got to admit, (surely) it looks funny in print, went bankrupt and is teaching others how to get rich ! :D
OK so I have a wierd sense of humor - eg. the 'unlimited wealth' obviously did nor refer to unlimited in time frame. :)
jahn

jahn said:
Hi acey
I know quite often the final tally comes from many attempts, not just one, and I also know that many wealthy people get their wealth from a variety of methods, including seminars, :rolleyes: but you've got to admit, (surely) it looks funny in print, went bankrupt and is teaching others how to get rich ! :D
OK so I have a wierd sense of humor - eg. the 'unlimited wealth' obviously did nor refer to unlimited in time frame. :)
jahn
Indeed, one measure of success may be being able to recover from a big setback.

Peter Spann started a business which failed badly, leaving him $60K in debt, before he came out earning heaps from property renos, shares, and seminars,

I have a friend who was a millionaire in early twenties, lost it all in divorce settlement, and made it back again in less than 2 years.

I'm not on the million net worth (quite) yet- but I'm glad that I recovered from a very bad setback in 2000, owing ATO $53K for an Agricultural "Tax Effective" Scheme. Getting over a bad setback is a very satisfying experience.

$0 isn't exactly big bikkies...

the book I bought was called 'creating wealth' - it was strighforward and I understood it. I also liked his 'one minute millionare' (although I get turned off by his americanisms sometimes)

His multiple stream of income- I don't know, I haven't read it...

I've decided I'm going to go. A day trip to Sydney will be fun, and I've never heard him speak... so - I'm going.

If anyone else wants to join me, PM me and we'll group :)

Jas

PS and linguistically I find it amsuing that he went bankrupt and now wrote a book called unlimited wealth :)
PPS I also admire the ternacity involved.

Last edited:
Bankruptcy

This reminds me of some advice I was given after I had made alot of money ($2.5m+ :) ) then lost lost it :( .

"The opposite of success isn't failure, it's quitting".

Luckily I took the advice and have started to make some of it back :D but this time I'm on the get rich slow plan.

Hi
Saw the previews of the new show on tele, "The Apprentice", with the very high profile Donald Trump as the 'prize' employer of the successful apprentice.
It was discussed in an interview with Trump that he was previously in debt to the tune of about 1 billion dollars, NET. (I say 'about' because when you talk about that much money, its beyond my comprehension, and with that amount in mind, what difference does a point here or there make, :rolleyes: ) That then calculated to about 6 billion in total debt.
No need to mention what he is worth now ?

So Geoff, it's been over a week now, so have you made it yet. ? :D
"I'm not on the million net worth (quite) yet- but I'm glad that I recovered from a very bad setback in 2000, owing ATO $53K for an Agricultural "Tax Effective" Scheme. Getting over a bad setback is a very satisfying experience."
Well done BTW.

Jahn

Seminar

I just came back from the Sydney seminar tonight.

I found it a very interesting evening. A lot of what he said re-inforced what other authors tend to say on this topic. It wasn't really focused on property, he talked about lots of stuff. There was plenty of interesting stories and lots of useful messages to write down.

Of course, he was selling his up-coming training program. However, for the price :) it was great value. It was certainly worth going for me.

Cheers,

House_Keeper.

always_learning said:
I have read Robert Allens "Multiple Streams of Income" book, I thought it wasnt worth my time to read it! The best chapter was the first chapter: Money Tree ...which you can get online!

So buy his book or borrow it first to see if you want to pay big bickeys on the seminar!

Always Learning
I read the chapter from the link you gave. Not worth the read IMHO.
I like books by Somers, Whittaker et al because they present facts, detail and worked examples. The opposite of the writing I encounter with many spruikers from the US who, in my view, apply a formula to expand a few concepts into a book. If you like motivational stuff, fine I guess.

There are some who could expand the No215 bus route timetable into a book with plenty of motivational blah, blah, blah. I don't mind a bit of bull**** , but not a lot.
Lplate

Interesting article on Neil Jenman's site today regarding Robert Allen:

The sole purpose of this week’s free seminars is to flog Allen’s $5,000 seminar when he comes back to Australia in July. That’s the one where he promises to make us all mega-millionaires.

Well, let’s look at what happened to those one thousand millionaires he promised to create in New York. According to a journalist who followed his challenge, “none are in sight – except of course, the promoter”.

Henry Kaye also threw out a challenge to the media, just like Robert G Allen once did. However, Allen had a bit more success than Kaye. His challenge – made almost 25 years ago – was to go to a strange city with only $100 for living expenses and, in 72 hours, buy real estate using none of his own money.

As he tells us today, “I purchased seven properties worth $772,000, all in 57 hours”. And, he had a reporter from the Los Angeles Times by his side. However, what he did not tell the reporter was that he lied to banks in order to buy those properties

The full article can be found here

Jamie.

According to John Reed, Allen went bankrupt owing taxes in the US, several hundred thousand, if I remember correctly. Hardly a 'business gone bad'.

Some people have also gone to jail using his techniques...
This from his website: The president of his Atlanta Robert Allen Nothing Down Club literally went to federal prison (at Eglin AFB, FL) for doing illegal nothing-down deals.

a link to Reed's website: http://www.johntreed.com
a link to the Guru rating page: http://www.johntreed.com/Reedgururating.html

Personally, I don't see the point in going to seminars put on by OS gurus? They don't invest here, it's highly unlikely they know our laws, so how could they know about real estate investing as it pertains to Australia?

I've just got back from the Melbourne show and find it worth attending.

Robert Allen is a first-rate presenter. His use of body language and speech intonation to make a point was excellent. Unlike other some other presenters he did not rely too heavily on slides to make a point. Those that were used were chosen well.

But was it convincing? The presentation manner reminded me of a revivalist evangelical preacher from the Bible Belt of the US of A. Great entertainment and capivating (at least for the first 90min) but it was probably not culturally appropriate for the minds of skeptical Aussies.

The talk opened by telling the audience about his achievements in the US of buying houses 'nothing down' in any city and teaching others to do likewise. More recently he has been doing seminars, etc and spoke about his current work in creating 'enlightened millionaires' ie those who make money to give away and benefit society.

Much time was devoted to mindset and banishing negative thoughts and doubts from your head. If you don't do this you'll be dominated by fear and will not take the positive steps needed. Most people know what they have to do but don't.

There were various ways to wealth, but it boiled down to securing passive income and compound interest/returns to make you wealthy (all very conventional stuff we've heard but fewer do). Later on he spoke of internet marketing, writing books and property.

On property there were some case studies people flipping and making large profits. The general approach seemed to be very like Kiyosaki, including putting in multiple offers, spotting and buying foreclosed properties cheaply. Overall there was little detail, I did not hear the words 'due diligence' or 'research' once. However these would probably be covered in Allen's other material.

A central thread was promoting the other seminars/sessions/etc. As this was a free seminar and they are not cheap this is fair enough. But those who enjoy watching how others behave will find the method used to filter people for this instructive with a cunning combination of a very simple trick and quiz.

Compared to (say) Peter Flanagan freebies, this seminar was wider ranging, more shallow and had a little more style over substance. However I most certainly don't regret attending; it is always instructive to hear what successful people have to say. Some of the free ebooks make good sense on the basics. However keep a level head, don't get greedy and let nobody steal your conscience.

Regards, Peter

Last year, after thousands of Australians lost millions of dollars, Henry Kaye’s four-year spruiking spree came to an end.

This week, the American version of Henry Kaye arrived in Australia.

Robert G Allen is a property spruiker who likes to be known as “America’s Number One Millionaire Maker”.

As far as spruikers go, Allen is an old stager. Been around for years. And he follows the standard spruiking formula. Make wild wealth claims, offer free seminars, lure the crowds – and then flog high-priced wealth programs – and rake in millions. Same as Henry Kaye.

Robert G Allen’s free seminars are in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane this week. “I’m on the prowl,” says his spiel. He is “looking for a small, select group of ordinary people who want my help in creating instant wealth like I have for countless others.”

Last year, Allen placed huge advertisements in New York newspapers claiming that he could “create 1,000 new millionaires in 12 months”. In Australia, Henry Kaye did the same thing.

A big difference between Henry Kaye and Robert G Allen is that Kaye is notorious in Australia and Allen is virtually unknown.

So perhaps Australians should know more about Robert G Allen before tipping their savings into his wallet.

The sole purpose of this week’s free seminars is to flog Allen’s $5,000 seminar when he comes back to Australia in July. That’s the one where he promises to make us all mega-millionaires.

http://www.jenman.com/NewsNews1.php?id=247

Back