BIG Brisbane Meeting

Dear guys,

Details for our next exciting BIG (Brisbane Investing Group) meeting!!!

When: Tuesday 25th of May 2004.
Where: Salisbury State School Library, Cripps St, Salisbury.

(Enter through gate on Lillian Avenue and drive up lane on the right through the buildings onto the basketball court. When on the basketball court the library is located to the South West and up the stairs on the second level.)

(Look for the BIG Group Sign)

(UBD 200 Ref A8). Medium distance walk from Salisbury Station.

Dress: Informal.
Time: 7:15pm for a 7.30pm start.
Cost: $5 meeting fee for the night. Become a member for free entry to BIG meetings (Both monthly and cashflow meetings). (12 months membership: $120 for single $180 for couples.))

Speaker: Peter Comben –Comben Developments P/L

Topic: Property Development Strategies for Investors.

Peter has been a property developer for 17 years and is a registered builder who has completed over 40 developments. Done to earth and genuine he is trying to help others in property development and is well worth listening to.

(Some detailed info in my post.)
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14847

Peter’s website:
http://www.smartpropertydevelopment.com.au/

-Close meeting for networking.

Everyone interested in property and the somersoft forum is welcome to come along. (Having an IP is not a pre-requisite, only a motivation to do so.)

Why don't you bring along a friend! (I am sure that we all know someone who can benefit in talking with other like minded people.)

(Remember networking is all about coming along and saying hello. Don’t be afraid to say hello to others there – You never know how it might help your IP journey. )

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Sunstone (Shane).

Unable to make tonights Meeting

Hi Sunstone
I have a sick child so cant make tonights meeting. I am really keen to join the Monthly BIG Meetings and the Cashflow ones too. Would you know when the next will be held.

Thanks
Margaret :)

Dear Margaret,

Sorry to hear about your little one, hope they get better quickly.

BIG Meetings are always the last Tuesday of the month (Except for December when we have our Christmas party earlier). So the next one will be on Tuesday the 29th of June 2004.

Cashflow games normally run about the second Tuesday of every second month. Next date for Cashflow will be Tuesday the 13th of July 2004.

Hope to see you at the June one then. :)

Cheers,

Shane/Sunstone.

Hi Sunstone,

I am new to the block and never heard of the BIG group. It sounds great but I'm not able to make the meeting tonight either. Hopefully with some planning i'll be able to attend a later meting. I have a question related to my PPOR situation which I would appreciate if you had some advice on. I own a PPOR on 2.5 acres on the Southside of Brisbane. After purchasing, the BCC earmarked an acre of our land including adjoining properties for a District Parkland. They have since approached us to purchase and we are currently in process of gaining valuations. The rep for BCC took a shot in the dark and mentioned a possible purchase price so far below current market value gained by adjoining properties, we nearly gagged from the shock. Is this common tactic by BCC reps to talk down acquistions or are council renown for paying well below market value? If he was serious, we would prefer not to sell. Are we able to refuse selling? I know that this Qn really should be asked at tonights meeting but as mentioned earlier I'm not able to make it. Would appreciate any advice or some hints on where I should look to find out where we stand.

I found the presentation by Peter at BIG very good, it gave me and I friend of mine who has development experience food for thought.

By the way has anyone got Peter's DVD? Does the DVD cover one of his workshops? I may go to the workshop in Brisbane depending on time, but definately would get the DVD to reference to.

Cheers
Greg Cogla n

I found the presentation by Peter at BIG very good, it gave me and I friend of mine who has development experience food for thought.

Dear Greg,

Glad you enjoyed it. We strive hard to bring quality speakers to BIG.

By the way has anyone got Peter's DVD? Does the DVD cover one of his workshops? I may go to the workshop in Brisbane depending on time, but definately would get the DVD to reference to.

Peter hasn't published his DVD yet so going with a mate or two to his workshop is definitely worthwhile. Understand that often books/CDs/software are notorious for having delayed publication dates - in the flesh you can always ask the questions that you feel you need answered. ;)

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Back