Good flooding and fire insurance in Brissy?

Hi there,

does anyone have a good recommendation for flooding and fire insurance in the Brisbane metro area? Thanks a bunch!

No specific recommendation (it would be improper of me to do so), but any of the major general insurers in Australia should be able to offer you some form of cover:

- NRMA (IAG)
- Allianz
- Promina
- Suncorp Metway (Qld based)
- QBE
- Zurich

Flood is covered by *some* insurers, subject to conditions. You should check your policy statement.

Just as an aside - The vast majority of home and contents policies include a Public Liability (PL) cover component.

IMHO PL insurance is vital for a landlord and I, personally, would not recommend anything less than $10 million cover per property (this sounds like alot, but it is not). The buildings insurance I take out (with one of the abovementioned insurers) includes a $10 million PL component as a part of the base premium.

PL insurance has been discussed a few times on the forum, such as in this thread.

For further information on home and contents insurance.

Do you have the cover you need?

For further information on flood insurance.

MB

Disclaimer: I am an employee of the Insurance Council of Australia.

I use Elders Insurance at spring hill, they are actually insurance agents/brokers and have been able to help me with anything from car to bodycorporate, landlords etc. Any good insurance broker should be able to help.

Darryl

Back