21stCenturyAcademy

Has anyone heard of, or had dealings with, a company by the name of 21st Century Academy. Jamie McIntyre is the main character - poor man discovered holy grail and wants to tell the world. Last seen at Investment Expo in Sydney. I seached the archives, but came up with nothing. With the amount of mail flying around, I'm sure someone has had dealings with this man. Just curious, thanks for any replies. Coop.

Yep seen the video,
looks like he is copying ideas from Peter Spann and Kyosaki.

The price list for their study kits and weekend training camps are way over the top.

Cheers

Bicko

Dear Coop,

I agree with Bicko. I've seen the video as well...... Your time could be better spent reading all the archives on this forum.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

If you are interested in shares as well,
then books by Darryl Guppy and Louise Bedford are a great place to
start. All available in your local library too.

Cheers

Bicko

OT - but anyway

This is why I love the forum - put a open ended qn for discussion and get some great info =)

In regard to training courses in general - I always think about it like this ... there are always cheaper ways to get information but if going along to a seminar its going to be a catalyst for action - then go for it!

Actually got his free teaser video ages ago over the phone and almost fell asleep watching it. Full of references to the enormous riches to be made and secrets to be revealed IF you did the big bucks course. Not particularly enlightening or entertaining, with no jokes like Spanny or charisma like Robbins etc.

Didn't learn a single thing new from it, despite it being tediously long. In the end, I switched it off about 10 mins before the end. Can only recall a droning voice, a texta, big bits of butchers paper and a small disinterested looking audience.

But, hey, who am I to criticize? He could have morphed into a really amazing character with mind blowing information if you'd attended the course. Each to their own......

Hi All
It's amusing to watch them throwing rocks at each other's glass house.
Already seen the ethics of the ethical agents in action from inside the RE Industry, :eek: and high-priced seminars speak for themselves. :rolleyes: They both leave me stone cold.
Give me this forum anytime.
cheers
crest133

Im with you on that one crest. As an aside, i caught a cab today and was having a chat with the cabbie. He was telling me hed only been driving 4 weeks, when i asked why? he said he was a licenced RE agent (comm. only) and hadnt sold a property for 2 months. And he had sold his black Beemer :)

The fact that he turned to cab driving probably reveals he was probably pretty average as an agent as he should have been investing during the boom. But who knows, maybe he was.

I rang for the free DVD which shows Jamie Mcintyre at one of his seminars talking about share options. I still get mail from 21st Century about once a month saying i'd better apply soon for the $6,000 course or i'll miss out.

There's a big thread here at Property Investing with some replies by Jamie Mcintyre. It's interesting to see how the thread was started... and who started it. :)

21st Century

seen a lot of him - know lots of his clients - not many are happy - query the property group he deals with.

do some background checks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beach Bum said:
Not that Spann & Kyosaki invented them lol!

:cool:

Beach Bum
Hey, enough of that, doesn't the sun shine from Kyosaki's bum? :D :D
Lplate

Had a look outside and it's cloudy. Now look what you've done. :(
LP

Proceedings commenced by ASIC

Update on 21st Century Academy......
Tuesday - April 5: - The Australian Securities
and Investments Commission has stopped further promotion of wealth
creating seminars until a court hearing over the issue.
In response to proceedings commenced by ASIC, Mr Jamie McIntyre
and 21st Century Academy Pty Ltd (21st Century Academy) have both
undertaken to the Federal Court of Australia that they will not promote
or conduct any seminars, or similar events, anywhere in Australia until
the proceedings brought against them have been heard and determined by
the Court.
As a result, a series of seminars scheduled to be held on the
Gold Coast from 27 to 29 May 2005 will now not take place.
Mr McIntyre and 21st Century Academy also undertook to the
Court that they would not print, publish or distribute the book "What I
Didn't Learn At School But Wish I Had" (in its current form) until
further order of the Court.
On March 3, 2005, ASIC commenced proceedings against Mr
McIntrye and 21st Century Academy alleging that during 2004 and 2005,
they had carried on a financial services business by giving advice, or
making recommendations, with respect to derivatives and securities,
while not holding an Australian Financial Services licence.
ASIC alleges that the advice and recommendations were provided
to members of the public at seminars and in publications distributed or
promoted by 21st Century Academy.
ASIC is seeking declarations from the Court that Mr McIntyre
and 21st Century Academy have contravened the Corporations Act 2001.
ASIC is also seeking final orders to restrain them from continuing
this conduct.
The trial will commence before Justice Merkel in the Federal
Court of Australia on July 12, 2005.

Hi

There is nothing in the information that you cannot get from a book. The info is very basic and dissappointing.

This forum is the best source of information for opinion and where to get the info without being taken to the cleaners.

I wanted a refund and could never get through gave up in the end. Videos and workbook etc...over $1500.

Cheers
BC

OK, thanks Keith.

I'd personally prefer a source- if it requires registration, perhaps mention that fact (and I'm likely to get shot down in flames for suggesting that!)

Back