BIG Brisbane Meeting –January 2005

BIG Brisbane Meeting –January 2005.

Dear guys,

Details for our next exciting BIG (Better Investing Group Inc.) meeting!!!

When: Tuesday 25th of January 2005.
Where: The Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Rd, Salisbury
Ian Barclay Building (Conference Room 2.2)

http://www.ctc.qld.edu.au/Our Location.htm

(Ian Barclay Building is the new building to the right. Enter through the front doors and take either the stairs or lift to the second level.)

(Look for the BIG Group Sign)

(UBD 199 Ref M6). Short walk from Salisbury Station.

Dress: Informal.
Time: 7:15pm for a 7.30pm start.
Cost: $15/singles or $25/couples. Or become a member for free entry to BIG meetings (Both monthly and cashflow meetings). (12 months membership: $120 for single $180 for couples.)

Speaker: David Hyne
Topic: “How to add value to an investment property, and the SEQ Regional plan and it’s likely effects on values. ”

David Hyne is a Director of Herron Todd White (HTW) and Manager of their Ipswich/Brisbane office. A qualified valuer he has been with HTW since 1998 and prior to that at the Department of Natural Resources where he valued residential, commercial and rural property for state government asset purposes.

Herron Todd White is the largest independent property valuation and advisory group in Australia. Their objective is to provide the highest level of client service with integrity, professionalism and independence. They provide a comprehensive range of valuation, research and advisory services which are used by financial institutions, solicitors, accountants, property developers and corporations.

www.htw.com.au

-Close meeting for networking.

Everyone interested in property or the forum is welcome to come along. (Having an IP is not a pre-requisite, only a motivation to do so.)

Why don't you bring along a friend! (I am sure that we all know someone who can benefit in talking with other like minded people.)

(Remember networking is all about coming along and saying hello. Don’t be afraid to say hello to others there – You never know how it might help your IP journey. )

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Sunstone (Shane).

What is BIG?

“Brisbane’s first choice for investment property networking and information.”

BIG (Better Investing Group Inc.) is a not-for-profit group of like minded people who meet monthly to network and share information about property investment.

Oh I wish I could come! But the first 2-3 of months of the year are - BILLS BILLS BILLS !!

Hope to be able to come later in the year <smile>

- susie

Any updates on last nights meeting? :rolleyes: Was intending to go there but hubby organised a meeting with our financial planner! Guess i shuld have told him earlier about the BIG meeting? When is the next one?

ASLKC,

I was at the BIG Meeting last night (had to be, being the Treasurer). I don't have the exact numbers but most of the chairs were filled - so I would guess that there were 50+ people there. I was pleasantly surprised with this number, given that we had wet weather, that school had just started, the following day being a public holiday, etc, etc. The other pleasing thing was that there were a significant number of people for whom this was their first meeting. From a Treasurer's perspective, a number of people paid their half yearly fees which is always encouraging.

With regards to the speaker, I found him very entertaining and informative (especially for a Valuer - no offence intended. David had a personality which, IMHO, is unusual for Valuers - once again, no offence intended).

David spoke about the following:

* the current residential market
* potential threats (including a great comical photo, graphs on affordability, graphs on the market drivers Qld vs Aust)
* discussion including graphs on Rental Return vs Capital Growth
* discussion on the units/apartments in Brisbane
* discussion on how to add value (including a couple of recent example with real numbers)
* a checklist on how to avoid Over-Capitalising
* discussion on the SEQ 2004 Draft Regional Plan

If I left out anything, I sure other will add. Then, Question Time went for about 10-15 minutes. David was such a good speaker that I feel it would be good to have him back in 12 to 18 months to give us an update. That was until Asy attached him with a Real Estate vs Valuer barrage :D :D .

I left around 11pm and there were still people there.

The next BIG Meeting is on 22 Feb (meetings are ALWAYS the last Tue of the month except none in Dec). The speaker will be NickM from this Forum. He will be speaking about investment vehicles including in your own name, companies and trusts with his main focus on Hybrid Trusts. We are expecting a BIG turnout so I would "get your ticket early" (just kidding - we don't sell tickets - just need to get there early, say 7:15pm). There will be a thread on this Forum (and others) in the coming weeks.

KieranK

Meetings are also really worthwhile if you dont have anyone else to talk property investing war stories with! :p

cheers Sharyn

PS It was also really good to see Asy in full flight with a valuer!

Dear Kieran,

Good little reply. The early bird's left a bit after 12:25am ish. :)

Dear Ella,

I see the cost for BIG meetings as an investment. Continual investment in oneself. ;)

Hope to see you again soon.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Back