BIG Brisbane Meeting –April 2005.

BIG Brisbane Meeting –April 2005.

Dear guys,

Details for our next exciting BIG (Better Investing Group Inc.) meeting!!!

When: Tuesday 26th of April 2005.
Where: The Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Rd, Salisbury
(For southbound traffic be sure to take the service road.)
Ian Barclay Building (Conference Room 2.2)

http://www.ctc.qld.edu.au/Our Location.htm

(Ian Barclay Building is the new building to the right. Enter through the front doors and take either the stairs or lift to the second level.)

(Look for the BIG Group Sign)

(UBD 199 Ref M6). Short walk from Salisbury Station.

Dress: Informal.
Time: 7:15pm for a 7.30pm start.
Cost: $15/singles or $25/couples. Or become a member for free entry to BIG meetings (Both monthly and cashflow meetings). (12 months membership: $120 for single $180 for couples.; Half year memberships also available.)

Speaker: Peter Spann
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/member.php?u=3097

Topic: “How you could build a $10 million property portfolio in just 10 years.”

To many Peter Spann needs no introduction, with a substantial personal net-worth and a portfolio of over 100++ properties over 250,000 people to date have come to listen to him speak on wealth building strategies. Again certain to be another huge night for BIG, be sure to come early. ;)

(For some on Peter’s story.)
http://www.freemanfox.com.au/article2.htm
http://www.freemanfox.com.au/article3.htm

www.freemanfox.com.au

-Close meeting for networking.

Everyone interested in property or the forum is welcome to come along. (Having an IP is not a pre-requisite, only a motivation to do so.)

Why don't you bring along a friend! (I am sure that we all know someone who can benefit in talking with other like minded people.)

(Remember networking is all about coming along and saying hello. Don’t be afraid to say hello to others there – You never know how it might help your IP journey. ;) )

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Sunstone (Shane).

What is BIG?

“Brisbane’s first choice for investment property networking and information.”

BIG (Better Investing Group Inc.) is a not-for-profit group of like minded people who meet monthly to network and share information about property investment.

Hi, Sunstone,
Up at Burrum Heads at the moment be back later tonight.
come hell or highwater, my wife and I should be there tomorrow night.

Regards
John

Ahh, Sheesh!! When Peter's "ON" in Syd, I'm in Bne.

Now, I'm in Syd - guess where Peter is presenting??? The game's crook.

Anyway, onya Peter - wish I was there - and thanks for doing this for us. You're a bloody champion :D

Regards,

I've read a lot about Peter on the net (got one of his books on order from dymocks). His story is mind-blowing and he seems genuine. So I'm looking forward to hearing from the guy.

Trying to get my flatmate to come along but it's dissappoingting that he doesnt want a bar of it. He thinks just because he doesn't have an IP, there's no value for him. Go figure!

I'm off...
George

Peter is a very entertaining and motivational speaker. I attended his weekend workshop in 1998 and it spurred me into action and I have never looked back since.

I would encourage everyone to be there if possible.

Thank you Peter and BIG

I would like to thank Peter Spann and the BIG team for an excellent presentation last night. This was the first time we have seen Peter, although we have his books, It was particularly relevant for my wife and I for a couple of reasons. Firstly, Peter spent quite a bit of time talking about purpose,
which is the stage in life we are currently at and have been casting around for some inspiration.

Secondly, we have a friend who flatted with Peter in his early days as a checkout chick (2 degrees of separation in Bris) who has corroborated many of his stories, which makes it more personal. We even got Peter to sign a book for him.

The funny thing is that I don't think our friend realised that he had access to such a great resource in knowing Peter, no matter how raw that talent might have been at the time. In many respects he still does not realise the opportunity he had.

We found Peter's talk to be just the shot in the arm to help us take us to the next levels, and really appreciate the opportunity.

Once again, our sincerest thanks.

Laurie

Thanks Peter

Thanks Peter,
Found your talk very uplifting and enjoyable. That has to be one of the criteria for me to participate in the investment game, enjoyment. The time you gave to BIG and the knowledge you imparted was not lost on me, I can assure you, so thanks again, hope I wasn't TOO rowdy up the front :) To give of your time at no cost is a sign of your persona and comes under the category of "its a beautiful thing". You're a champion. Cheers,
JIM Findlay

I was there too, and I'll vouch for it being a crazy way for looking at money and the world. This guy is at a level of existence that was motivating and inspiring, and when compared against my middle-class ways, sadly daunting.

Anyway, it was enriching to hear someone who has been through what I am going through now (ie, buy, reno, repeat) and come through the other side happy and wealthy. Nice work Spanny!

Oh yeah, if he did give his time free of charge, than that says something truly wonderful about the guy.

I'm off

George "its a beautiful thing" Grubetic

I have to agree it was a very good presentation.

By the way one area of interest was the talk about Peter's reason why he believes interes rates will go up.

Did anyone hear that properly last night, and if so could you post the reasons of why he believes it will go to the 10-12% mark.

Thanks
Greg

Last night's meet

I can confirm that Peter gave his time free of charge to BIG last night. Thanks heaps Peter!
You talk was truly inspirational - in particular I liked how you balanced it at the end with a few of your life philosophies. You held everyone rivetted to their seats for the entire 2.25 hours that you spoke...

Daniel
(secretary of BIG)

Well...

Talk about fantastic.

Just wanted to add my thanks to those already listed. Peter, you're a legend.

Thanks HEAPS for giving your time to us all so we could bask in your glory :D

Seriously though, if you were there last night, and you didn't learn something, your hearing aids need new batterries! :eek:

It was truly a beautiful thing.

asy :D

It truly was, a beautiful thing.

I will keep repeating my BORING buy develop and keep strategy. However I may hasten my desire for commercial property if I can reach that level within this cycle if not I will wait till the next recession...bring it on!!

Also make a note of adding land banking to my future strategy.

Thanks Peter for a great presentation and adding more definition to what I do.

Hi Guys,
Like to thank the Big team for a great night, Jimmyjamjars you were sitting in front of me and I did not think you made to much noise, LOL.

Like to thank Peter for the great talk, I was a little frightened that it may have gone a little over my head, but "NO" it was all put forward that the average bloke as myself could understand. It gave me great reassuance to know that I am doing things correctly even though I have not been at this long. It also gave my wife Toni a little more trust in my judgement, she has been affraid that I was going to far to fast. I have made mistakes, which my wife feels that they are not but last night highlighted them to my wife, now my wife knows where I am comming from, "thanks Peter".

Sorry guys that my wife and I could not stay to chat afterwards, we really would have loved to but we had a 2 hr drive home and a really early start for me. We spoke about the night all the way home and once in bed Toni was reading Peter's book which she bought for me a month ago.

I had tried to bring along a few friends that are investors but to they could not manage it, well after telling them about last night they feel that they missed alot.

Again guys thanks for a great night.
John.
PS: I can also put a few faces to some forum members now!!

Seriously though, if you were there last night, and you didn't learn something, your hearing aids need new batterries!

Very true. Spann was spewing tidbits of vital information everywhere and anywhere. He knows his stuff and his willingness to share is admirable. Just goes to show there still are free lunches in this world.

Yep, I agree with gtcoglan that the Interest Rates part especially caught my attention. I ran and fixed mine the next day.

George

grubar30 said:
Yep, I agree with gtcoglan that the Interest Rates part especially caught my attention. I ran and fixed mine the next day.
Hi George et al,

I'd be interested to know why he believes interest rates are going up significantly.

KJ

Sincere thanks

Les and I would like to also sincerely thank Peter for his time and motivational speaking. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you some more Peter. I would be interested in meeting you again sometime, as I was a little shy last night. :D

Apologies to the other members for my not being very sofisticated in my conversations. My mind was totally 'blown away' after Peter's talk. My little scheming brain was internally working overtime with all I had heard and all I was going to do in the future. :eek: Was anyone else like me?

As to interest rates, if I listening properly, Peter has all his fixed. He believes that if our gov't keeps following along the USA train then we are not going to fare well. Previously, we were following the Asian train and it was good, but somewhere our direction has been changed.

Peter predicted that in around 18mths time, interest rates would need to rise, and would do so, steadily until some levels of 12 to 14% were reached. Have I got that correct??? It won't really be that bad, will it? I thought a max of 10% would be enough.

Thank you all for a truely memorable evening. Cheers Brenda :)

As to interest rates, if I listening properly, Peter has all his fixed. He believes that if our gov't keeps following along the USA train then we are not going to fare well. Previously, we were following the Asian train and it was good, but somewhere our direction has been changed.

Yep, that's pretty much what he said. In addition, he stated the U.S is 1.7 trillion in debt and that can't be good and because we align ourselves with them more than Asia (which was the smarter option financially as they were the world greatest economic powerhouse), that we’re likely to be affected by the negative implications. In his view, the Australian government thinks we're spending way too much still.

My belief that Interest Rates are going up comes from the horse’s mouth – Peter Costello. Only recently did he say that historically speaking, Interest Rates under double figures was a still a good prospect. That was all I needed to hear and Peter Spann merely cemented this belief.

Thankyou !!!!!

Know it was a week ago, but still worth thanking Peter for his time and presentation and the great team at BIG who put it all together.
I was rapt that 5 friends actually came and started getting their heads right about investing.

Thank you all :)

Back