Kevin Hockey agency Sold

For those who may be looking for me you will no longer find me at Nundah. As of Thursday, the end of the financial year I can be found on different golf courses located around Brisbane. This will be interrupted however by a 3 week family visit to the USA from July 25th. I have sold the business and all my interests within it. Some people are suggesting I have retired however it is more like just tired :D

Reason for selling is simply to achieve my goals I have set myself. KHFN wasn't achieving those goals as I had set out and was taking too long and would continue to take too long. It is a very good agency in an excellent location and the people are exceptional, however it did what I had set out for it to achieve and the time has come to get myself further out of my comfort zones.

I also plan to give some genuine time to my family who have paid the price to some extent for my dedication to businesses. Some of the sacrifices I have been prepared to make over the years to achieve my goals have been unfair to Adele and the boys and now seems a good time to give them my 100% dedication before embarking on the next stage of my life. So, for the next couple of months I will enjoy taking Matt and Cameron to school, kick the footy in the park, take them fishing and have lunches with my beautiful wife, take her to the movies and spoil her rotten.

The sale of the agency has been very good, a lot of interest, and I ended with a selection of offers to choose from. That I know of, there was 11 signed confidentiality agreements and about half of those made offers to me. The new owners are really great and I'm so glad I was able to find a buyer who I have complete faith will continue to look after the team with the respect they deserve. I will miss them all, although I now look forward to being their friend instead of employer.

Whilst I had planned to have my time off with no consideration for my future already plans are underway for me to buy into a partnership with a young, innovative real estate company which is expanding rapidly throughout Australia and NZ. 60 franchises have so far been sold. I believe I have a lot to offer them and they are keen to have me join. At the moment the value of the company is being assessed to allow them to consider what stake they may offer me and how much I want to invest into. I'm very excited about the opportunity and already can't wait to get involved and challenge myself "with the Big Boys".

Thank you to everyone at Somersoft for your support of Kevin Hockey First National. Lots of forumites have emailed, phoned, visited and contacted me for advice or assistance and I have enjoyed it every single time.

Thanks again

Kev

www.kevinhockey.com.au

Good onya Kev!

NOW Will you have time to have lunch???

After you come home from your holiday? Or will I have to chase ya around a golf course?

asy :D

Hello Kevin

Congratulations and also commisserations.

Congratulations for the obvious, that you have built up a viable business capable of being sold as a going concern. This speaks volumes for you as an Agent and as a Businessman, so well done!

But this is also a sad time. I found the most difficult part of selling a business was the separation from people with whom I had spent days, weeks, years working alongside day after day.

We often don't realise that the friendship is left behind with our unused business cards.

So in the excitement of starting something new there is also sadness. However, you sound as if you are going to give yourself plenty of time to readjust and no doubt will be seeing your former staff and collegues from time to time.

Best wishes to you and your family for your holiday and every success in your future endeavours

Regards

Kristine

Kristine.. said:
Hello Kevin

Congratulations and also commisserations.

Congratulations for the obvious, that you have built up a viable business capable of being sold as a going concern. This speaks volumes for you as an Agent and as a Businessman, so well done!

But this is also a sad time. I found the most difficult part of selling a business was the separation from people with whom I had spent days, weeks, years working alongside day after day.

We often don't realise that the friendship is left behind with our unused business cards.

So in the excitement of starting something new there is also sadness. However, you sound as if you are going to give yourself plenty of time to readjust and no doubt will be seeing your former staff and collegues from time to time.

Best wishes to you and your family for your holiday and every success in your future endeavours

Regards

Kristine

Thank you Kristine.....you are 100% accurate. Thursday is going to be a difficult day for me, as I guess it may be for some of them too. Before I told the team, I was spending time getting closer to Lorraine, I just love her, she is so special, and when she found out she realised what I had been doing. On Wednesday last week we had a team meeting and when everyone else had left she came up and hugged me and told me to stop being so sensitive :D It's going to be tough but the time is right and on the positive side we can now explore our friendships without the employer/ employee issue.

I could relate similar stories about most of the guys. Your post shows your understanding of the process and the obvious passion and compassion you portray in your own company. I had been trying to avoid what you just made me face up to :eek:

Kev

www.kevinhockey.com.au

Good luck on the courses Kev.
We look forward to your next venture after a break ... keep us posted.

Do you need any friends for the 19th hole ?

That's great news for you Kevin.

Hope all goes to plan from here on in.

Just because you've sold the business, hope that doesn't mean you won't be around (on the forum) as much, once you've done your holidaying, you lucky ba@!%#d :D

Best Regards
Marty

Good Luck

All the best Kevin to you and your family. I am so pleased that you have made this decision and taking time with Adele and the boys, I know only too well you cannot turn the clock back.

Thankyou so much for all your help and support, you deserve every good thing life can offer

Regards

Chris

I hope though that you have copyrighted the name "Kevin Hockey". You don't want the former agency to take that away from you.

Once you have the copyright, open another one across the road. ("Kevin Hockey's Second National REA" :D)

geoffw said:
I hope though that you have copyrighted the name "Kevin Hockey". You don't want the former agency to take that away from you.

Once you have the copyright, open another one across the road. ("Kevin Hockey's Second National REA" :D)

Haa....

Yep the name stays with me. It will continue to link to the website for a short time then I will make other arrangements. The business will become Northside First National within a few weeks.

Hope this rain goes away, don't really want to get my clubs wet next week :D

Kev

www.kevinhockey.com.au

Ecogirl said:
Well done Kevin
It's great to hear that you're taking time to smell the roses!
And then (as a result of knowing Les and Brenda) he'll start renovating- and it will be shower roses :D

geoffw said:
And then (as a result of knowing Les and Brenda) he'll start renovating- and it will be shower roses :D

Reno's are already under way Geoff. Not sure about shower roses however. I believe there are roses growing along the sixth fairway however.

Settlement tomorrow. I'm taking all the staff to the pub for lunch and don't expect we'll be back after that. Hope they all turn up for the new owner on Friday :eek:

Kev

www.kevinhockey.com.au

Good luck then Kev.

I hope it's a fair way before you get back home :D

(you won't be allowed to improve your handicap though. Driving and drinking are not permktted)

Back