• $100,000 - $200,000

Votes: 69 28.6%
  • $200,000 - $500,000

Votes: 16 6.6%
  • > $500,000

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi, another poll! Wondering what sort of annual income people on this forum make?

Specifically, looking at people who work full-time or part-time as employees or self-employed. This is income that DOES NOT include any rental income from investment properties.

Addition - Don't include dividend/share trading/other investment income. Also this is income per person, rather than per household (eg, married couple's combined income).

GSJ

Last edited:
Yes this would be gross income.

I wouldn't include dividends, share trades or other investment income in this poll to keep it simple.

Mainly interested to see how much people rely on their "day jobs" or main occupations for income, which they may use to then invest in shares/property etc...

Thanks,

GSJ

Oh and household income...umm...for the poll's sake it would be income per person, so maybe try and have a figure for yourself only?

GSJ

GSJ said:
Oh and household income...umm...for the poll's sake it would be income per person, so maybe try and have a figure for yourself only?

GSJ

Doh! I already put in household income.... :(

Might be interesting to do a poll on "Taxable Income"......

Cheers,

The Y-man

Rixter said:
I agree. A poll for Taxable Income would be interesting. :)

I wonder how many managed to get that <$20 000 'Low Income Earner Tax Rebate' solely due to the QS report? ;)

Peter

BTW: maybe the poll after taxable should be the ratio between net assets and annual expenditure, as this is as good a measure of financial independence as anything.

Spiderman said:
I wonder how many managed to get that <$20 000 'Low Income Earner Tax Rebate' solely due to the QS report? ;)

Peter

BTW: maybe the poll after taxable should be the ratio between net assets and annual expenditure, as this is as good a measure of financial independence as anything.

Peter,

I'd say definitely you & me for starters :D

That's right Redwing. Hmmm...that seems a bit surprising to me at the moment...especially if those who have voted have not included rental or other investment income, AND are using the income per person rather than per household...I suspect there are a few household incomes being included in the poll. I might be wrong though...that would mean a lot of individuals here (or at least those voting) are professionals on 6 figure incomes?!

GSJ

Yep,

I'm a professional on a 6-figure income so am one of those $100K plus posters. I must admit that I too was surprised how many others on this forum were in the same boat as me! Good stuff!!

Oh yeah, but I too would swap places with Monopoly in a heartbeat! ;)

Cheers,
Michael.

I think I should have phrased the question to the poll a bit differently initially to avoid confusion. Never mind.

GSJ

handyandy said:
Sorry GJS I had answered prior to reading instruction. You can remove the 500000+ as this is all investment income.

Cheers

handyandy, without prying too much, is that 500k + a net figure or gross?

"Cos it it's net...damn tooting!

Salary of says 75K+ which excludes annual leave, sick leaves, long service leaves, training, super etc may be somewhat equivalent to a (contractor/package) gross of 100K+ where all the listed above have to be paid from the gross.

I am wondering for those who ticked 100 - 200K , were they salary or package ?

The Y-man said:
Doh! I already put in household income.... :(

Might be interesting to do a poll on "Taxable Income"......

Cheers,

The Y-man

Actually, just realized I am in the right bracket (would have been incorrect for household). Forgot the fact that I work 2 jobs.... :eek:

Cheers,

The Y-man

Back