REWARD!!!!! For New Company Name

All the best with the business Xenia. With your drive and passion for property, I'm sure you will turn this into a great success story. Maybe another API article.

Good luck.
Marty

ramone_johnny said:
Loose money is better than it being tight! :D

I dont know why so many people get this wrong! It does my head in!!!

You AND Jamie...

/me waits for Jamie to comment.

asy :D

Xenia said:
We have decided to go with AdProp for a company name. It took literally months of deciding. There were many great names and we had a short list of 30 of them.

We needed a name that was not registered in any other state either as a Pty Ltd company or a business name.

We needed it to be short so that we can add things to it ie AdProp property management or AdProp Cash Flow solutions.

We are now called AdProp: Advanced Property Solutions

Thank you Spider, please get in contact with me, I have a $100 reward for you!!!!

All the best with your future business ventures the name sounds pretty good are you going to trademark it?

http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/trademarks/index.shtml

The only reason I metion it is I started a small business got my ABN and business name no problems. Then down the track I wanted to trade mark it turned out is was simlar to another business I did do checks and was quite surprised when they objected. End result I could no longer use my business name.

I suggest people trademark stuff at the starting process because then everything is sorted and you dont get any nasty surprises down the track.

cheers

James

All the best with your future business ventures the name sounds pretty good are you going to trademark it?

It is a Pty Ltd company not a registered business name, do I still need a TM?

Hi Xenia,

Having a Pty Ltd company registered doesn't protect your IP. Just because a business or company name is available for registration does not mean that there aren't others out there already using the name or a very similar name, say as a brand name, and there could be issues if they believe your new name has the ability to mislead or deceive consumers into believing that your business is in some way related to theirs. However, since you have already started using the mark "Adprop", you still have protection, although not as good as a registered mark.

I would speak to a Trademarks Attorney for advice.

Regards,
Ozi

If you plan to be successful, $150 a pop is a small insurance policy.
Suggest you register at least 2 items - the name, and the brand image (which may also contain the name).
If you walk into / call the office i find the staff to be quite helpful and will tell you they are not lawyers but give better advice than many ;)
I understand oz law will give precedence to the company who trades under a name or brand first (regardless of a registered TM). Registering the TM will help avoid court $ & time.
[If you go overseas, generally it is not as 'fair'.]

cheers,
Coolstyle

Registering Intellectual property these days is very simple and cost effective. It can all be done over the internet with minmal cost. We have done it for several of our products and is a great feeling knowing that you have protected your product name. We also went through this exercise a few years ago and it cost us thousands of dollars in Legal bills; now you can do it on the 'net, quickly and ver cost effectively (around $100!) Bet the legal people dont like it though!

Back