Viewing Real estate on Google Maps and Google Earth

It looks like Realestate.com.au and Domain.com.au have added Google Maps to their web sites. This is due to Google Maps adding Australian Address to the site. Check it out for yourself at http://maps.google.com/.

You can now search on Domain.com.au and click the “NEW! View properties on a Map”. This will show all the sales on Google Maps. Time will tell when Realestate.com.au will do the same.

Now if you want to view these in Google earth, one way is to manually search for the address and add a new place in Google Earth.

But there is an easier way. I looked for a way to do this automatically, and I spent about a month doing it manually. But now I have a web site that will do it for you.

I introduce you to my site :
Suburb View
http://www.suburbview.com

The way it works is you search for a suburb, and if the site doesn’t have any results it will get them in less than 24hrs.

A basic description of the site is that it’s a Search engine where found results are displayed in Google Earth.

My site searches :
Realestate.com.au
Domain.com.au
Homehound.com

As an example, I will show you how to search for Melbourne.
Type in the Suburb up on the top Right
pic1.jpg

There are results already for Melbourne so link to view in Google Earth is visible.
pic2.jpg

Clicking on the link will start to download the file. Select Open.
pic3.jpg

Now the results are shown in Google Earth.
pic4.jpg

The Numbers represent Rooms, and the Text is price. Clicking on a listing will show a quick summary of the sale, and links to the sites property listing.
pic5.jpg

I have grouped the prices in the $100,000’s on the left. So you can easily hide the price ranges you don’t want to see.

I am working on this site in the spare time I have at the moment, so any feedback or suggestions would be great. If a Forum admin considers this spam, I apologise in advance and please feel free to delete. But I created the site with people on this site in mind. So I hope you like it.

So please check out my site:
http://www.suburbview.com

Well, ordinarilly a post like this might be considered spam, but, best as I can tell, your site is free to use? (Am I right?) That being said, if this information was posted by someone (not the originator) it would be considered a magnificent resource, so, being free, I can't see why you can't post it yourself.

It looks to be one of the most useful sites I've ever seen as a property investor or agent.

I'm so very impressed I think they need to develop a nobel prize in computing just for you.

I've moved this post to "Information resources" where it belongs.

The only thing I will say is, is there a way you can filter the results to allow you to search for, for example, industrial, commercial or other stuff, like maybe 'units only' etc?

Absolutely magnificent site, you must be VERY proud of it.

asy :D

so - when i click on a suburb and it say "no results found for XXX" - does that mean within 24 hours it will have the results downloaded onto the website? the areas around newcastle i'm interested in have no results.

so - when i click on a suburb and it say "no results found for XXX" - does that mean within 24 hours it will have the results downloaded onto the website? the areas around newcastle i'm interested in have no results.

Yes. Because the site is new, I only get the results people search for. At the moment I am getting updates roughly 4-6hrs to help people get results quicker. So click away on the suburbs you are interested. As the more popular a suburb is, the more it will be updated.

The site also only shows results for actual property listings that have valid "found" addresses. Which at the moment is about 30% of listings.

I have seen some suburbs return no results even though there are over 100 houses for sale, all because the listings had no listed address. (eg "Great First home etc.....")

Well, ordinarilly a post like this might be considered spam, but, best as I can tell, your site is free to use? (Am I right?)

Yes, the site is free to use.

Phezz,

Great site.

One problem I did find was that if a suburb appears in more than one state e.g. Paddington or Newstead both of which are in Brisbane. Clicking on the Suburb link in Brisbane for say Paddington and then opening it in Google Earth acutally takes you to Paddington NSW.

Phezz,

Great site.

One problem I did find was that if a suburb appears in more than one state e.g. Paddington or Newstead both of which are in Brisbane. Clicking on the Suburb link in Brisbane for say Paddington and then opening it in Google Earth acutally takes you to Paddington NSW.

Thanks for that, I will look at fixing it tonight.

The site also only shows results for actual property listings that have valid "found" addresses. Which at the moment is about 30% of listings.

I have seen some suburbs return no results even though there are over 100 houses for sale, all because the listings had no listed address. (eg "Great First home etc.....")

Yes, the site is free to use.

Great work, Phezz :) and thanks for sharing

It is annoying when no addresses are put online but with some sellers wanting to safeguard their privacy I can understand this. However, agents usually use it as a way of capturing buyers so they at least have to make a phonecall or email to find out further details.

I really like the sidebar feature that you've used to break For Sales down into specific price brackets- very cool!

Awesome

That really is totally awesome: wish I were that computer savvy

Does it do areas outside capital cities?

This is a great post!

I wonder if there is a similar sort of script for rental prices..?
(Just as icing on the cake! :) )

Back