Real Estate Analyzer

Friends!

I finished a beta for a product I wrote called Real Estate Analyzer. Its the begining of a longer term vision I have for getting through the noise while looking for properties. It basically sits on top of realestate.com.au and allows you to query data then filter it. An overview is attached. The tool really helps me because I can add a text filter to the data such as "walk shops". The property list updates in realtime. I noticed a few bugs during my testing so I logged them and will tighten things up a bit. If you run into something please let me know email me at < reanalyzer at kcctech dot com dot au > or use one of the instant message programs I have in my profile here.

Somesoft members are free to download the software. This download will constitute the "basic" version. I am working on a pro version that will have significant features such as "real" sales data and rental data as well. I have setup a mailing list so you can download the software at http://www.kcctech.com.au/reanalyzer if you subscribe to the list it will direct you to the download. The purpose of the list is only to alert you to download an update as they occur.

Thanks alot and I hope you have fun using it. Feel free to email me direct if you have any questions. If there is enough interest I will put a forum up on my site to discuss anything.

Enjoy,
Chris
rea1.png

rea2.png

Friends!

Well its good to see people downloading! Some folks have reported a couple of glitches here and there. This is good! I will batch them and fire an email out to the mailing list letting you all now there is a new version.

Hey Chris,

Had a try of your software. This is not bad. Being able to view more than 10 properties at a time and able to sort them makes life much easier. The colour coding is a gem. Being able to see the meduim and average price is awesome.

Just as an idea, I think having the ability to filter out the properties above the medium would be a nice feature.

Overall it gets a thumbs up.

Dean.

XBenX,

Pretty interesting point. I didn't think of that. I will have to add a setting for the proxy information. Thanks alot.

Chris

Hi Colin!

Right now the pictures are as you see them "small". I really cranked the last two weeks to get something out. I am going to add better support for the images shortly as well as the "links" tab. I appreciate your feedback its great.

I have had a great response and gotten some good feedback and a few bugs reported. I will probably have a new release in a few days.

Chris

This is awesome - excellent job.

with the average price and median price, is this based on the "listing price" or prices from eg. RPDATA?

rexilla99,

This is the for sale data. I find it just as useful as actual especially if you are looking at a larget set of house...20+. Actual sales data and rental median I am going to incorporate into a "pro" version.

Chris

Chris, gave it a spin this morning, and will make some more considered comments later.....

but for time being, I think the more search filters and options you put in, the greater the advantage over using realestate.com.au directly.

i.e.
size of land
no. of beds, bathrooms, garages.

I noticed the download of data seemed to be slowish....moreso than realestate.com.au

as emailed to you some time ago, I have messed with realestate.com.au search strings to fine tune searches, and now have them as favourites in firefox....

as an aside, I note realestate.com.au's use of google maps is quite hobbled.....even when a listing has its address, google often just returns the suburb.....

anyway, stirling effort Chris, and as mentioned before, I admire your efforts to match demand and supply more seamlessly......

Hi Chris,

I am really liking this. Another suggestion. When you have pics showing it only displays 3 at a time. At higher screen resolutions there is room for another 2 to 4 properties. Do you have any plans of making the size of the list scale with the window size?

Regards,
Colin

The FirstBruce!

Thanks for the notes.

One reason why it may be considered slower is because it loads all the data behind the scenes by traversing through all the pages that it returns. This gives us the ability to do what every we want with the data once we have it. While the data is loading you have the ability to start scrolling a bit and looking. The list of properties are loaded by price ascending order. So as properties are added in the back ground they are inserted into the correct spot. My point is you can scroll while it loads. I still think its quite acceptable, if we have an issue with performance I guess I could look for ways to speed it up. But at the end of the day , all the pages are "mined" for their data. We take the hit up front for the benfit later.

Chris

Hi Colin!

Yes, I agree with your suggestion...the latest code already has the table maximize on its own if it has the room to. So when I blast an email to the list for the next build("version") you will see it this way.

Thanks alot for taking the time to experiment with it.

Chris

but for time being, I think the more search filters and options you put in, the greater the advantage over using realestate.com.au directly.

i.e.
size of land
no. of beds, bathrooms, garages.

My personal preference has been to filter out what I don't want. However I do want to look at properties that are only 2 beds sometimes even though I am looking for a 3 bedroom. You may want to add the room. Anyway...

So if you would like to eliminate the 2 bedroom houses from the list then add the "text" filter and type the config you want "bedrooms3 bath2" etc.....

Hi again Chris,

Another great feature would be the ability to save the results of a search into a CSV file or something similar.

Keep up the great work.

Nevermind, I just watched your vid.

Last edited:
New Version Posted

Friends!

I posted a new version. Enjoy. A few bug fixes and a different look and feel applied this is more pleasing to the eyes.

Chris

Back