Lance Spicer's The tax solution

"100% legal secrets to reduce tax"

Have just ordered this book. Not so sure Ill be sipping cocktails from my yacht in Antigua after reading it though.

Promises Strategies for Property Investors and Share Investors. I've purchased his stuff before-can be way out there ("maybe you should buy this book for your accountant so he can apply these strategies to your situation").

If I get one useful idea out of it it might be worth the $59.50 + postage.

Ajax

I read this recently, and didn't get very much out of it personally, some stuff was not relevant to my situation. Spicer's books (I've read several of them) seem to overpromise and underdeliver. If they were available in book stores I would have just flicked through them and not bought them. Some very interesting concepts in the offshore books though.

GSJ

Let's see how forumites go with these topics (those that haven't read Lance Spicers book yet).

(1) How to make your home mortgage 100% tax deductible...transfer your ppor to a Hybrid discretionary trust. Involves stamp duty on the transfer and loss of land tax exemption and cgt ppor exemption.

(2) How to reduce your personal income tax from 46.5% to almost zero...negative gearing/share trading with dividend harvesting.

(3) How to defer and reduce your tax using companies and trusts

(4)How to get legal double deductions on certain expenses...that old personal computer for your employees idea.

(5) Several strategies for Property Investors that will reduce tax by hundreds of thousands and possibly millions of dollars

(6) Residency and non-residency strategies that can reduce or even eliminate tax

(7) Superannuation simplified and how you can arrange things to reduce your tax, beyond what you thought was possible

(8) How to get an 18% return on your money overnight, with one simple strategy...I'd like to know how this is done

(9) Companies & trusts explained..... but in a way your accountant never would.... this is about saving you money, not costing you money!

(10) Reduce your Superannuation Contributions Tax from 15% to 5%..... yes, you can do it and it's legal!

(11)Why Low Documentation Loans are a very bad idea

(12) A Tax Strategy that Increases Property Cash Flow and Makes Negative Gearing Work

(13) Rental Property Capital Gains Tax…. What Tax? Don't ever sell

(14) Convert Bad Debt to Good Debt, and getting a tax deduction for it

(15) The Truth about Managed Investment Schemes and their Tax Incentives

(16) Sell your business.... pay no tax on the sale! CGT rollover provisions?

(17)Offshore tax solutions.... what's possible and what's not

(18) Get a tax deduction for Life Insurance.... your accountant will tell you "it's not possible!"

(19)Tax Deductions on expenses you never thought possible, we'll show you how!...Dale's deductible gift of a marital aid (if you'ver read Trust Majic you'd understand this comment)

(20) Strategies for The Share Investor...dividend harvesting using margin loans?

(21) Strategies for The Property Investor...negative gearing, depreciation, tricky ways of avoiding cgt on subdivision of ppor proerties.

(22) Strategies for The Wage Earner

(23) Strategies for The Retiree

(24) Strategies for The Business Owner

(25) Master Tax Strategies....... I can't even hint what they are here..... you have to read the book!

(26) A Tax Loophole that you could drive a truck through!...biggest loophole imo is not taxing unrealised capital gains. Some country's tax returns require balance sheets for individuals as well as income statements each year (have seen a South African tax return with this)... not sure if the increase in capital (unrealised capital gain) is taxed though.

Ajax

Last edited:
Hi Apocalypse,

just received the book. He provides Bantacs details in one chapter and suggests readers contact them.

Ajax

So mixed comments here. Most books I buy I only extract about 5% useful from it. Even then its difficult to apply to your own circumstance. Like most seminars and reference materials, the value is getting out there and actually doing it.

I have a 100% guaranteed way to reduce your tax by whatever amount you want to......

Pay me!!! LOL

obviously the big problem with continuous tax losses is that they usually have a correlation with losing money...which is bad

I for one can't stand Lance Spicer books. I've been given them twice by clients. I find them rather insulting to your intelligence. It has your typical discussion of that distinct super-class, 'the rich' and how much better they are than you, discussion on the evils of paying tax and how 'the rich' don't pay tax, and about how boring accountants are. All from an accountant.

When a client wants to go and do this off shore stuff, I refer them to Glenn Wheatley's accountant. The guy who was sent to jail for trying this offshore stuff after Project Wickenby for 30 months.

Of course, Mry, the difference being that Lance Spicer's offshore strategies arent illegal, whereas Mr Wheatley's obviously were. I use a similar strategy to what Lance would be proposing and its 100% legal.

i have read that book. Talks quite a bit about superanuation and trust.

Is Lance Spicer using bantacs as his accountant?

Back