RP Data

Wondering if anyone has a 07 update for RP data.

Had a friend call RP data a few days ago for this info which isn't listed on their site, still waiting for the sales rep to call back.

I have seen what an agent was able to do with RP data recently and was very impressed, wondering what a 3 month sub to this kind of package would cost?

Subscriptions vary from state to state and whether you are an individual or business or how long it is for. Best to call them!

Well that didn't work so well, still waiting for the call back.

Individual use, minimum length at first whatever that is.

Hi Andrew

If you find out Ive been chasing the same info.
A subscription Im sure isnt cheap but probably worth it for all the info u get.
Seems to be hard to get a price from RPdata though - Ive rung twice & emailed and never had a response?

Does anyone out there subscribe? DO you find it useful?
How much was it?

Thanks
Grant

$200 setup fee
$50/week minimum of 4 months

= cheapest cost of $1000, which includes the greater Brisbane area!? Just clarifying what that means. Gold Coast presumably is extra.

Apparently you get 3 logins which can be used on different IP's, so one for a syndicate perhaps.

We subscribe to RP data and up market. Just from memory I think it is in the $300 per month figure!!!

We use it on a daily basis and is an essential tool of the trade for us ;)

RP Data is sometimes wrong

Just as an aside to this thread, the house we paid $155K for nine years ago is listed in the RP data as having sold for $190K.

This same house has a street frontage of 15 metres but according to the RP data (or whatever data the surveyor used) it has a street frontage of 11 metres and a back fence width of 9 metres. It is really out of wack.

I wonder if the data entry person had a BIG lunch the day she was entering the data.

I always wonder if the data I get from real estate agents is accurate seeing that the data on this one house is so wrong.

Wylie

we get charged $216 per month for two logins...for RP that is - but we are a business also... not a fan of PDS - you can't do as much with it in terms of searches and data retrieval - same basics, but its just not as refined as RP

can be cheaper just to find a good agent that you can deal with who will pass on info for you...

Andrew, sent you a PM about your banyo question last week, did you get it??

Last edited:
Just as an aside to this thread, the house we paid $155K for nine years ago is listed in the RP data as having sold for $190K.

This same house has a street frontage of 15 metres but according to the RP data (or whatever data the surveyor used) it has a street frontage of 11 metres and a back fence width of 9 metres. It is really out of wack.

I wonder if the data entry person had a BIG lunch the day she was entering the data.

I always wonder if the data I get from real estate agents is accurate seeing that the data on this one house is so wrong.

Wylie

Wylie,

They purchase the data from LPI - its as accurate data as you can get (although thats not saying a lot)

PS Andrew A - Ive noted there is a few sales Ive expected to be displayed from 07 in a street Im interested in are not displayed. I surmise they havent receieved an update from their sources yet.

it can take upto a 3 or so months from when sold to when it appears...they used to (prob still do) hire students and the like to do their data entry for them, so things just get uploaded as they get to them.

occasionally they appear quicker but its not often...

they introduced an agents advice section a while back to try and get agents to enter in their sales data as soon as it occurs so its more up to date - but most agents don't do it.

Urban - that is due to the fact that RPdata is sourced from LPI - the property needs to be settled in order for them to get the info. Hence the delay.

They dont use students to enter data. It comes from LPI.

yeah, sorry, not quite what i meant...up here the data comes obviously comes from Dept Nat Resources and Mines...the data used to get released by DNRM in hard copy and apparently students were paid to sit there and type the new sales data into RP...same as they do with the on the market info, most of thta comes off the RE websites and weekend papers, that's how they get the price tracking info on there - had a friend who used to do it years ago whilst a student - they may have updated their methods since then and send releases electronically, but that's the way it used to occur.

you can get around the delays by goin to DNRM and get the updated title info direct... its available fairly soon after the settlement event.

Last edited:
when we had the account for ourselves with only the 1 login we paid $600/quarter.....they charge a quarter in advance and need 3mths notice for cancellation of subscription.

its a powerful tool for us because we look for development sites and the mapping/satellite aerial facility that rp data has allows us to quickly measure out a block (approximately only) without having to leave the house.

i think for every extra login they charge $7.50 so if you and hubby each want a login, you pay an extra $7.50/week for this (only 1 person can be logged into the system at any one time)

hope this helps!

cheers,

Kim

p.s. for the $600/quarter we had access to all metro adelaide as well as their 'on the market' subscription (which tells you how long a house has been on the market for etc)

I use RPdata - almost daily. IMHO its an invaluable tool.

I recently got access to APM. There are a few features on APM that are great as well. Love the rental feature for quickly assessing possible yields.

Kimanand - The RPdata mapping tool is a stripped down GIS tool (mapinfo) Ive been using ESRI instead for this purpose. It is fantastic.

You simply define your characteristics say for a small MUH development (25m frontage, 1200m2+, slope towards street, +/-500mm, no easements, two street frontages, zoned xxx, etc, etc) and it spits out a list of suitable properties.

Beats driving around or trolling the maps yourself!

What Im trying to work out how to do is build in the estimated current value of the property and complete feasabilities on the fly so I get a target list of properties sorted by ROI.

Hey xBenx,

Is the GIS tool (mapinfo) a different subscription that we can get through a seperate company? Do you have a weblink for it by any chance?

Cheers,
Kim

it can take upto a 3 or so months from when sold to when it appears...they used to (prob still do) hire students and the like to do their data entry for them, so things just get uploaded as they get to them.

occasionally they appear quicker but its not often...

they introduced an agents advice section a while back to try and get agents to enter in their sales data as soon as it occurs so its more up to date - but most agents don't do it.

Actually here in NSW the Agents Advice section seems to be working, and being able to input recent sales myself is a bonus :)

If you pay extra (as we do- it's about another $17 per wk) and subscribe to the "On the Market" facility as well with RPData, you also get to see not only the recent sales but the marketing/advertising history for each individual property- quite a powerful and useful database of information.

The "live valuations" aren't all that great, however, and I've done better to rely on my own research when composing appraisals.

RPData is great and an absolutely necessary tool of the trade, as part of my kit, for my business- I wouldn't be without it.

Back