SIG Meeting Monday September 17th 2007 - Its back!!! The Panel

SIG Meeting Monday September 17th 2007 - Its back!!! The Panel :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,
For the next meeting, we have our "yearly" event - The Panel !!

We have 4 people on our Panel.

The people are:

See_Change

Well know and respected forum member, Cliff has certainly known how to follow the cycle as it has gone up and down the East Coast of Australia.
His strategy has worked very well for him , a very good story.
For newer people on the forum , here is one of his best ever posts:
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11656&highlight=rocky+thing

Alex Lee

Alex has bought multiple properties while living in the UK , he is now back in Sydney and loves the western suburbs :D . A well known and respected forum poster.

Les

Les , one of our super mods :D
Les is a buy and hold advocate , and has IP's in Brisbane (he commutes between Brisbane and Sydney).

Jane Prior

Jane is a developer who does splitters as well - and has been doing so in Brisbane.
A post about her on invested forum -
http://www.invested.com.au/6/famous-ie-member-10900/#post23415

When - Monday September 17th - for a 7.30pm start.

Where: Roxbury Hotel, 172 St Johns Road, Glebe.

http://www.roxbury.com.au/

The Roxbury also has a bistro if you are hungry.
Bangers and mash are $5 on Tuesday nights.

Numbers: Up to 80 persons.

Please also remember a gold coin donation. Any extra after costs will be going toward an end of year get-together.
Some background: How Do I Get on the List: Post in this thread your name and numbers (limit of 5) and it is first in, best dressed.
Bring along your questions too , as these panel events are a great way to pick the minds of successfull investors !!

Looking forward to seeing all newbies and regulars for networking
afterwards. Newbies please note we always get there before 7pm
downstairs, so feel free to be early and mingle (order your food if
need be, it can be taken upstairs).
Also stay afterwards and have a cuppa!!!

David.

We should try and catch up before the panel this time Andreas, because if history repeats we'll have to leave early with our little guy... :D

Cheers,
Michael.

Not a problem Micheal. I will try to be a bit earlier this time:eek:. (I am not the most punctual person around)

Mind by the way people aren't putting down their name we may be having a very intimate panel.;)

Cheers

Good point!

For those that haven't attended a SIG panel event before, I can personally state that I believe these to be by far the BEST of the SIG events held each year. Whilst I enjoy getting the "sales pitches" from external experts, I consistently find that the interactive communication with real SS experts that have been there, done that is far more enlightening and valuable in setting or tweaking my own investing strategy.

And knowing the four panel experts we've got lined up this year, I can assure you it is going to be a very enlightening discussion. No pressure guys! ;)

So roll up, roll up, this is one SIG you don't want to miss...

Cheers,
Michael.

I hope I live up to expectations. As a bit of a caveat: I've never done renos or subdivisions, never done developments or found a real bargain. I just save money and buy property.
Alex

I hope I live up to expectations. As a bit of a caveat: I've never done renos or subdivisions, never done developments or found a real bargain. I just save money and buy property.
And have done very well out of doing so. Some times the simplest strategy is the best one, which is a message a lot of first time investors should probably be made aware of.

Sounds like you'll have a lot to share!

Cheers,
Michael.

We should try and catch up before the panel this time Andreas, because if history repeats we'll have to leave early with our little guy... :D

Cheers,
Michael.

not trying to be rude...but why don't you leave him at home with a sitter Michael? That way you won't need to leave early...and you or Kay won't miss out on half the presentation running after him all the time.

i've often wanted to catch up with you afterwards only to have found you've left.

one for me too by the way :)

SIG meeting

Please reserve 2 - thanks

Cheers :)
Jas

SIG Meeting Monday September 17th 2007 - Its back!!! The Panel :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,
For the next meeting, we have our "yearly" event - The Panel !!

We have 4 people on our Panel.

The people are:

See_Change

Well know and respected forum member, Cliff has certainly known how to follow the cycle as it has gone up and down the East Coast of Australia.
His strategy has worked very well for him , a very good story.
For newer people on the forum , here is one of his best ever posts:
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11656&highlight=rocky+thing

Alex Lee

Alex has bought multiple properties while living in the UK , he is now back in Sydney and loves the western suburbs :D . A well known and respected forum poster.

Les

Les , one of our super mods :D
Les is a buy and hold advocate , and has IP's in Brisbane (he commutes between Brisbane and Sydney).

Jane Prior

Jane is a developer who does splitters as well - and has been doing so in Brisbane.
A post about her on invested forum -
http://www.invested.com.au/6/famous-ie-member-10900/#post23415

When - Monday September 17th - for a 7.30pm start.

Where: Roxbury Hotel, 172 St Johns Road, Glebe.

http://www.roxbury.com.au/

The Roxbury also has a bistro if you are hungry.
Bangers and mash are $5 on Tuesday nights.

Numbers: Up to 80 persons.

Please also remember a gold coin donation. Any extra after costs will be going toward an end of year get-together.
Some background: How Do I Get on the List: Post in this thread your name and numbers (limit of 5) and it is first in, best dressed.
Bring along your questions too , as these panel events are a great way to pick the minds of successfull investors !!

Looking forward to seeing all newbies and regulars for networking
afterwards. Newbies please note we always get there before 7pm
downstairs, so feel free to be early and mingle (order your food if
need be, it can be taken upstairs).
Also stay afterwards and have a cuppa!!!

David.

not trying to be rude...but why don't you leave him at home with a sitter Michael? That way you won't need to leave early...and you or Kay won't miss out on half the presentation running after him all the time.

i've often wanted to catch up with you afterwards only to have found you've left.
I know. I particularly wanted to catch up with both you and Andreas after the last SIG. We were progressing so well until Aden jammed his little fingers in those glass doors and went absolutely hysterical. No choice but to make an early exit then. :(

I'll try and get a baby sitter this time. But at just over 2 he's still a tad young for anyone other than an adult to mind and unfortunately my parents are on holidays in WA for the next 3 months or so. I'll try our friends around the corner and see what they say, but failing that I'd rather catch half the presentation with him in tow than none of it at all.

The price you pay for parenthood, but I wouldn't change that for quids...

Looking forward to catching up with you again this SIG.

Cheers,
Michael.

PS My architect said we should have a result on our DA application by the end of next week. Fingers are seriously crossed right now and the champagne will really flow if we get the nod.

Back