form for the ATO for employer to pay less PAYG for negative gear?

thanks Mry! u r the best!

But which form do I use? so many forms there.....
lots of accounting/ATO terms I dont understand....

Hi Mry,

Which allowance is it? The allowances we can only choose from Motor Vehicles, etc...
no property. Which one should i tick?

ok thanks! I clicked on the wrong form earlier.

Anyway, this form allows us to get taxed less, so we can have more salary to pay the interest for the negative gearing right?

Is anyone using this method?

The form seems very long and asks many questions....

ok thanks! I clicked on the wrong form earlier.

Anyway, this form allows us to get taxed less, so we can have more salary to pay the interest for the negative gearing right?

Is anyone using this method?

The form seems very long and asks many questions....

Im using the form. Have been for many years......why use your money when you dont have to. The ATO dont pay you interest to hold your money until you claim it back at the end of the FY.

You could be doing more things with it - like using it towards the holding costs on another IP :D

Its the best thing since sliced bread!

You only answer the questions that are relevent to you. Half the questions I leave blank.

Oh I forgot to mention this:

I bought this property in my Hybrid Trust, then I bought income generating units in the trust to negative gear so I can claim more tax against my salary.

Also, the property is in building stage, but im already paying for the land interest every month.

Is it still ok to use this form eventhough its not rented out yet and bought in a trust?

Last edited:
seems like my accountant says since it is
1) still building process
2)not receiving rental income

then i cant use that form......................

so much for the excitement!

seems like my accountant says since it is
1) still building process
2)not receiving rental income

then i cant use that form......................

so much for the excitement!

If the above 2 reasons are the only reasons for you not being able to use the form then your accountant is wrong. Interest is claimable while the property is being built before it earns rental income. Therefore a PAYG variation form can be completed. In fact I have done this and it really helps to fund the shortfall in the cashflow of the property before it starts to generate rental income.

The only issue is that it is a HDT. Apart from that, interest is claimable as long as your intention is to rent it out when it is finished.

http://www.ato.gov.au/formflow/forms/nat2036.htm

This is the link to the online version. It isn't as bad as it looks. You can save the file and use it as a template year after year.
Mine was processed within a week and my next monthly pay was $1,200 better off. Allowing me to fund another property.
I want to nominate the person who invented the ITWV process for a Nobel Prize for services to property investors!

Back