momentum group appreciate advice.

i am thinking of joining the moment um group

they ahve regular talks meetings mentorshp for a lifetime ot just for a year for $7000. they seem to be cluey about all sorts of methods and a great resource in general.

what do others think

they also ahve a very improved version of realestate .com
to search for what you want easilly with all info available etc and from all on the market for $100 a month .

what do others think aobut this also.

I dont really know aobut courses though people ahve mentioned reno kings and robert kiyosaki.

what courses do others recommend or say are not worth it and how much can people pay for when they ahvent made money yet. i am reading books meanwhile and ahe done the reno kings womens course and have their cds and manual.

thanks

cutegal

Hi cutegal

Don't know anything about Momentum but there are quite a few of these companies out there holding your hand (and making money) while investing. You've already done the Reno King's course so I guess you've got most of the info you need, now it's more the support and push to do something.

Via this site (or even just put and ad in your paper) you could try to find a group of like-minded people to meet up with to get you started without investing more money? My experience is that investing is not rocket science and you can get pretty much all the info you need from this site, your accountant and mortgage broker and by asking around. If you join someone like momentum you'd invest according to their style and speed, not yours which might not suit you.

Just a thought

cheers

kaf

I absolutely believe in continuing education even for the most sophisticated investors. Education is to gain knowledge but the most important thing is ACTION!

Consider what you want or dont want out of this course. Asking whether it is worth it or not to other people is not going to answer the question,what is it worth to you?

Write down what you hope to get out of it then decide whether to do it or not without anyone's opinion!

thanks wehre does mig have

thanks where does mig have regular support meetings talks mentorship advice . i need it.

yes this group is very action oriented so unlike courses that stil leave you hanging they teach and talk to you re your specific situation to act but with what seems like huge amount of support aht is very local to me.

I'm very interested in hearing more on this please.

cutegal.

thanks where does mig have regular support meetings talks mentorship advice . i need it.

As you would have noticed, we vary our venue so that people on one side of town or the other don't get disadvantaged.

In our attempt to keep the meeting free of cost, we also rely on the generosity of some members to make venues available. i.e. if you have a good venue in mind or can help, please let us know! :D

Cheers,

The Y-man

Hiya,

I have a few friends and clients who are part of the program, and it has been great to see them doing some amazing things. Two couples I know are in the process of retiring off the back of what they have done through Momentum over the last two or three years. Regular feedback from a lot of the members is highly positive about the level of support they get from the mentors and other members.

By the same token, I have seen many other friends and clients have similar success off their own bat. MIG, and any number of other resources, are other good ways of being inspired.

I am regularly invited along to their events, and will be speaking to the group again in a couple of months. I guess that may make me biased. However, whilst the $8k to join may not be worth it for me, I can certainly see the value in it for some. The question, I think, is whether you can see the value in it for *you*.

Cheers

James.

thanks

Thanks for that.

ok so you are biased, but at least you know about them also.

I like them as mentorship for other groups are alot but the mentorship is not ongoing.

How do i find good accoutnants brokers etc to get good info for my situation otherwise.

so what is your profession what do you talk about there.

I am 44 not 20
I have actually been through alot in the last 6 years and so have my kids
our health couldnt cope with losing what we have
so i need to reduce risks
but also solve our financial struggles for the sake of my kids and my aging mother and myself. we've been through alot.
so i feel i need support so taht i'll move faster, with more support , more knowledge, but with less risk than i would otherwise.

I actually dont have 7 0r 8k at present.
I do ahve lots of equity and a bit of a mortgage too and low income in fact still on sole parent and child support and possibly not ready to change that while we still recover from huge trauma we went through last year.

but absolutely financial security and ease is a priority as i've seen t he toll of the other way for 26 years. the ex made massive debts that i was left to payand so the last 26 yearts have been tough, though i'm lucky to have alot of equity.

I'm also not sure if i'd be alot better for investing if i was on a low taxed income than child support and centrelink . where would i post to ask in fo on that. though as i said for the moment we are recovering from major trauma and i'm still raising chn.

advice feedback anyone.

thanks so much

cutegal.

An additonal note:

Cutegal,

Have you considered talking to a Centrelink FISO? They are quite helpful, and I have always found FIS seminars to be good value (yep, free and you get food too!)

FISO are aware of Centrelink requirements and so can provide some valuable (if somewhat conservative - although that's where I feel you'll be most comfortable) advice.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Hiya,

To be honest, I tend to agree with Y-man on this. You'll probably be better off stabalising your situation, looking at your options and educating yourself by other means first. Perhaps when you are ready to seriously start investing, a mentoring group may be of some use, but as stated previously, there are many ways to acquire knowledge and ongoing support. MIG is a fantastic example of this, and at risk of simply saying 'what he said', FISO would be well worth exploring too.

I am often invited to be on hand for questions on structures, tax and other fun topics like that; hence, a possible bias. I like being there as much for the people as anything I may learn.

You can find good professionals by asking this forum, or asking trusted friends and family for referrals. Good local brokers include Rolf Schaefer and Andrew Gardner, while Alysha Van Dreumel (once she's back from maternity leave) is probably one of the best people that I know in Melbourne to speak to about accounting-type matters.

Redwing (and others who may not know): Momentum is the name of the mentoring group run by Jason Whitton. He has made a name via the Positive Real Estate and Source Wealth organisations.

Cheers

James.

wow thanks so much

wow thanks so much for all that advice. I'll chance all that up .

so hav eyou heard anything re momentum
I"m still reading .

do you have other free/low cost seminars or cds dvds to start off with . ok cds dvds are high cost often but i may be abel to access them second hand or libraries so if you have soe names of some that would be great i'll follow it up. im reading but i find tha tmore tedious than cds dvds which i can listen to while i get things done

so when i go to these mig meetigns what happens and how can i make the most of them

thanks so much. that ws so helpful truth be told i dont have the 7000 for momentum though theyd put me on a payment plan which would freek me out at present . yes i will start with others but its still a possibility in future who knows.

onc ei have some basic info
i feel i need more for ongoing support advice both form the mentors and form the other people involved who become friends .

so is what you ahve heard about momentum good or bad.

it looked quite good to me. they do pressurise to take action in property not jsut leanring but not doign which i would but i would do that only after having a good basis of knowledge as i need low risk informed confident actions.

thanks so much

cutegal.

cutegal.

cutegal.

Back