• 51 - 100 IP's

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 101 - 200 IP's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 200+ IP's - I wrote a book!!

Votes: 5 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How many properties do you own. Include your PPOR in this calculation.

It will be interesting to see where most SS user are today!

How many properties do you own. Include your PPOR in this calculation.

It will be interesting to see where most SS user are today!

So someone who owns 3 x 100k properties would be considered further along the path than someone who owns 2 x 500k properties?
Alex

Having a poll for the number of IP's won't give you any idea as to the net worth of an individual. You could have 30 IP's valued at under $100k, or 1 IP valued at $10mil.

downsizing and putting all my eggs into a new home about 180m from the beach on west side of Marmion.

when i can smash the mortgage down (only at 65% LVR) further, i will look to invest into inner city apartments.

property is certainly appealing at these interest rate levels.

This poll is meaningless.

Why not make one for $$ values of IPs held (though Im sure there is an old poll on here which does this).

Considering the wide variance of values for each IP (as stated above) I'd think many x small $ IPs are no better than fewer x larger $ IPs - if the total $$ are the same.

This poll is meaningless.

Why not make one for $$ values of IPs held (though Im sure there is an old poll on here which does this).

Considering the wide variance of values for each IP (as stated above) I'd think many x small $ IPs are no better than fewer x larger $ IPs - if the total $$ are the same.

one could argue having a $$$ value is also meaningless, as you could have 1 PPOR worth $2 million and 1 IP worth $1 million, it doesn't mean they are good investments.. lower priced IP's would be better than 1 large priced IP.

I wonder if Peter Spann voted in the 200+ option!

.....yeah, I wonder :rolleyes:

...and I wonder who the other two are ??

The stats thus far are so removed from the natural progression of things it's laughable. Nothing to speak of right up the top end, but miraculously there are at least 3 folks apparently with well over 200 IPs.

I've been on this forum a few months now, and haven't conversed with anyone.....not even a peep, with that many. I recall MarkC was in the process of developing quite a few, but that's all.

crc_error : you may be being told a few porkies here. What do you intend doing with the anonymous unverified smattering of numbers ??

crc_error : you may be being told a few porkies here. What do you intend doing with the anonymous unverified smattering of numbers ??

its all just fun... I don't really plan to use the information for anything else other than some entertainment.

I certainly would not want to be in the position to be managing 200+ properties!! You would be certainly better placed having some of that wealth spread into commercial property and shares, not all in residential properties.

its all just fun... I don't really plan to use the information for anything else other than some entertainment.

It is interesting. In everything you read they are always telling you the percentages for people owning 1 investment to more than 5.

I have wondered -
1. Because of the increased awareness of the benefits in investing in property, and
2. Because of the increasing lack of positive/"cheap" properties,

whether the percentages were still the same.

You will have more people with multiple IP's on this forum than in the general population, simply because many of the forumites are above average in their goals than & more educated (in IP matters) than the average Joe on the street.

one could argue having a $$$ value is also meaningless, as you could have 1 PPOR worth $2 million and 1 IP worth $1 million, it doesn't mean they are good investments.. lower priced IP's would be better than 1 large priced IP.

I agree; a cheapie can outperform an expensive IP regularly - they're just not as sexy as the expensive IP to a lot of folk.

The real stat to be impressed about is NETT WORTH.

There are always people controlling large numbers of IP's, but what is the LVR and the cashflow?

I agree; a cheapie can outperform an expensive IP regularly - they're just not as sexy as the expensive IP to a lot of folk.

The real stat to be impressed about is NETT WORTH.

There are always people controlling large numbers of IP's, but what is the LVR and the cashflow?

plus its easier to get a extra $20 a week on a $200 a week IP, rather than a extra $200 a week on a $2000 a week IP.

I would say people with many IP's would need a low LVR of 50%

You will have more people with multiple IP's on this forum than in the general population, simply because many of the forumites are above average in their goals than & more educated (in IP matters) than the average Joe on the street.

Oh I don't know Skater......the single IP owners are adding up.........
depends how you look at it I suppose.

Back