Thank You P T Bear - mBox is Wonderful!

Hello Pete

What can I say?

Thank you very much for mentioning mBox - whatever did I do without it?

www.mbox.com.au

In the week since registering for my permanent, non-location specific, personal, forever fax number, I have received beautiful, crytal clear faxes directly to my email inbox without all that horrid smudging of printing the same image out numerous times, and as the file is already in pdf format, I can just attach and forward if I need to send a file on to someone else.

I have also faxed documents to myself but to me, the most important aspect of this service is that (a) it's cheap - less than the cost of a separate fax line, (b) I can have the same number forever, (c) I don't have to change my number when I change locations, and (d) I can access the faxes from any computer anywhere just by logging in to my email account.

No more rushing back to the office to collect a fax, and no more hunting around to find a fax machine if I want to send a fax, just email the file to mBox and they will send it to the nominated fax number!

How Amaze Me!

This is just wonderful and I really appreciate that you mentioned it. And just this week alone, at least three of my customers have signed up for it. No more ringing fax machines at 3 in the morning, it is all silent and I only have to print what I want instead of pages of print for no particular purpose.

I have now changed my fax machine header to have my mBox fax number so from here on in, just one fax number for me.

You are my Hero!

Just this one simple arrangement and I am truly independent of location for every more!!!

Many thanks
Kristine

We use utbox.net for fax and SMS, which I believe provides the same service, but is even cheaper.

We also use engin for our phone line, which - as well as providing very cheap calls - enables us to have all our voicemail sent to us as a .wav (sound) file attached to an email. Makes it easy to forward messages, file them away, access voicemail from anywhere in the world that you can get email, etc.

My pleasure Kristine. The invitation to come to get together and compaire notes on things we do is always open. This is just one of the tools I use to make doing business remotely more effective.

I used mBox for a while years back - very good service.

Interesting to here you can send faxes with it too now, that service wasn't available when I had it.

utbox (similar to MBox) is great, though I still find I need a fax for outgoings as scanning can just take too long at times. These email faxes are also great for junk faxes- no ink cartridges running out!!

We use utbox.net for fax and SMS, which I believe provides the same service, but is even cheaper.
For SMS sent from email, I use SMSBroadcast.com.au - very similar in pricing to the others (depending on how many credits you buy)- so not a lot to distinguish it.

I use it for my rosters. I draw up a roster in Excel, and I have a program which reads the roster, and sends an SMS to each employee telling them what their shifts are. It has saved me so much pain- people can tell me straight away if I have stuffed up, or if they have forgotten to tell me something about their availability.

OK now my turn to say thanks to PT and Kristine!

After seeing this thread I thought I'd have a quick squizz at the changes to mBox since I used it last about 6yrs ago.

Turns out it's actually a better set up than the current SMS company I'm using, so I've switched to mBox as well. :D

Don't really receive faxes, except as property deal time. May get a fax number then, but for the moment the outgoing SMS/Fax will do.

I draw up a roster in Excel, and I have a program which reads the roster, and sends an SMS to each employee telling them what their shifts are.
That's an exceedingly smart use of technology to make life easier. Good on you, geoffw.

Well, so far this week I have faxed nearly 300 pages of application forms, and received more than 50 faxes through mBox

For $9.95 per month I am thrilled!

I haven't faxed out as yet, I am still using my stackable HP for outward bound fax but I will be away for a while visiting Mike's relatives in UK, so will probably use the outward bound fax service then. However, as the average loan application comes to about 75 pages, @ $0.18 per page that's $13.50 per transmission, so for me the $9.95 per month for inbound fax collection is extremely economical as this is less than the cost of a land line, let alone the cost of toner / cartridges, paper etc plus there is the security factor as I am dealing with Other People's Information!

So cost, plus mBox doesn't care where you are - I could see that for Tradies, use the mobile phone as a wireless modem, have the laptop in the truck, and check for emails / faxes (quotes, plans etc) whilst out on site would be just amazing.

Sure beats carrier pigeons!

And .... I've just set my Outlook up with webmail access and now don't even have to have my laptop if I don't want to (but I will), as I can access everything from the server anywhere. This is just all too good.

But .... while they're all down at the Kings Arms eating cold pork pies and drinking warm G&T with Ice and a Slice I will be slaving away over a hot mBox .... never mind, anyway we're flying QANTAS and their in-flight entertainment isn't as comprehensive as Emirates (and no flight cameras!) so catching up with email will give me something to do on the plane!!

Cheers
Kristine

Can anyone recommend a multifunction unit (scanner, copier, printer) that scans a doc quickly for sending by mbox? I have a brother mfc that is a hell of a lot quicker faxing then scanning.

Ideally, I'd like all the software processing to be a one button process too. i.e. load a doc in the multi function unit and have it scan the lot, send to computer and then off to mbox.

MFC's usually aren't that great unless you spend major $$$. If you're after a great hight speed A4 scanner, check out the Cannon 2080. The auto doc feeder pumps through over 15 pages a minute, it's reliable and portable. I take it with me when I travel and use mBox as the communications centre.

we have a 2080...........its very good

but its old tech, we bought ours 5 + years ago and it was bees knees at near the price of a small car : )

About a year ago we bought 3 x Avisions C220s which are faster, more reliable and will scan toasted wholemeal bread :).............150 dpi with these is better than 300 dpi with the canon

Bit more exxy and a bit heavier.........have just backscanned 200 gb of data with em

For portability we use simple little USB page scanners like......Travelscan PRO, self powered , nice and easy.

The 2080 as pete says, is a good cross between portability, mass and price.

Throw in a wireless net connection with telstra or vodafone, and add a 150 w inverter and you can work from your car or boat or caravan to your hearts content : ).................now if ONLY I could get reiable satellite data up and down at a decent price id be bush all the time !

ta
rolf

Rolf, you raise an interesting point.

The ability to telecommute or do serious volumes of e-business, especially in finance, must be exponential in growth.

Those whose commercial goodwill can be sustained and built on the net are certainly at an advantage.

E-commerce must be contributing much towards the finance sector giving the highest return on investment over the last 7 years.

Just got a copy of Choice Online in my mailbox, with a review of 20 all-in-one inkjet printers. Let me know if you'd like a copy of their suggestions. What good timing! :)

Back