Hotondo builders

Hi all,

Has anyone here used Hotondo builders before? We're contemplating using them for our dual occupancy development and wanted to see if anyone had an opinion about them.

It's proving to be a little difficult to get a decent quote at the moment (I know how much it should cost based on online calculators on several QS's websites), so hoping to next Hotondo quote comes in....

Cheers

Land

Hi Land, We have built twice with a Hotondo builder. Not bad to deal with, and much cheaper than the other builders we looked at (these were for basic spec homes). One thing I will mention though is that we know some people who built with another hotondo builder in the area and she had an alful experience. There were major differences in what each offered as far as prices and inclusions. I think it comes down to the individual builder as to what they offer and how they price their homes.

Good luck with your quotes, Carrots.

Hotondo is not a project home building company but rather a franchise system.

You will end up dealing with a particular builder and his own company who are part of the Hotondo Group.

There may be quite a different experience between one and another in the same area.

I started to work with a Hotondo Builder and found him terrific right up until my marriage failed and I had to stop the project. Fortunately we were still in the planning stage and I had not signed any contracts but had made a $8000 deposit.

From being my best mate he has changed into a guy that wont return calls and reckons he has spent all the deposit on his plan drawing to date despite verbally quoting this at $400. Chasing that cash is the least of my problems at the moment and I suspect many builders would be as elusive in today's climate.

Hotondo is not a project home building company but rather a franchise system.

You will end up dealing with a particular builder and his own company who are

G.J. Gardner are the same. Great reputation in one area and shocking in another.

Even with non - franchised P.H. builders your quality depends greatly on the supervisor and tradesmen working for the company in your area. I have found that you need to supervise the whole project yourself and maintain an ongoing assessment of quality just in case you end up with a slack crew.

Good luck with the development, Ian

Chasing that cash is the least of my problems at the moment and I suspect many builders would be as elusive in today's climate.

Yep, they are. Same thing happened to me 8-9 years ago. I'd only put a $4k deposit down 1 week earlier. Never saw a cent of again and tbh didnt really expect to but I had to try.

They where the builder of choice for the sales agents at a large estate in Caboolture. However their prices have now gone over $1000 per sqm for a turn key product.

They will now be recommending our services to their buyers.:)

I think he means the cost is now over 1000/sqm - not an increase of 1000/sqm

Correct, they used to be under $1000.00 per sqm but now they have gone over and the agent is finding it more difficult for the figures to stack up based on their increased prices.

Our prices for a turn key product comes to around $820 per sqm which is a lot more attractive.

Back