Christies Down and Christie beach SA

Hi Friends,
As i said (in another thread) before I am totally new to SA and planning to buy my next IP in Adelaide. One of my friend told me about Christie Beach and Christie Downs. Any idea about these areas. Pros and cons of investing here.
Your advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Velli
Homebush NSW

Beach side suburbs at affordable (below state median) prices are the drawcard. Those suburbs are where we look for properties for our buyer agent clients. ;)

Depending on what you're budget allows, try to get as close to the beach as you can. So favour Beach over Downs where you can.

I came close to buying at christies beach a year ago. Flew down and inspected the property i wanted but got scared with the extra debt level. That same property sold about two weeks ago for $128,000 more than i could have got it for.I should have trusted my DD.

I have researched Christies beach sometime back and had almost bought a property 4-5 months back, when some offered 2K over my last offer. If you are looking at CB then try and stick between Gulfview road and Beach road and Dyson road and the beach. The areas outside this are a bit rough, though might offer some 'deals'.

CB has been a bit stable lately, and offers one of the best beaches in Adelaide within 25 kms.

Happy hunting :)

Thanks for the details. There is a marked price difference between the CD and CB. Which is making me bit harder to decide which one is good.
My budget is around 280K mark.

Thanks for the details. There is a marked price difference between the CD and CB. Which is making me bit harder to decide which one is good.
My budget is around 280K mark.

If I was you, I would prefer the beach area, purely for its life style benefits and hence capital growth. You should look at each deal individually and see if there is a money in it for you or not. You can get a decent sub-dividable block for 280-285K in CB.

Cheers

Back