Millionaire's Club

It's official; according to the Bank, based on their recent vals and the debt owed, we have finally achieved it today;

Nett worth from investment assets of $1 mill!! Yay!

Small potatoes to some here no doubt, but a biggy for us. The wife and I had a quiet glass of wine to celebrate tonight.

The hard work and sacrifice has paid off, and the good news is; anyone can do it.

Well done LAA
And you are right.
Anyone can do it.
Seems that the lessons from the Richest Man In Babylon, which in the end is based on a set of logical steps based on spending less than you earn, put some aside ( before expenses) and invest it, and spend some foreward by using charity get overlooked by most.
Stay humble and don't let it go to your head ( as you won't based on your posts to date) otherwise the 'wealth' god will chop you off at the knees to teach you the lesson, and before you know it you will be up to $2 mil nett ( ala $4 mil USD soon!!)

Good onya
kp

That is simply stupendous news, congratulations to both you and your good lady.

Thank you for sharing it with the forum. I for one feel honoured that you chose to share it, for I have an inkling it is hard to contain, news of that nature that cannot ordinarily be shared in polite society.

Like most in investing, one must toil in abject silence, for fear of upsetting those who choose not to toil, but it behoves us to celebrate significant milestones along the journey. Well done. :)

Congrats LAA

Onwards and upwards to the next mil;)

Ours snuck up on me. The family was driving someplace and the wife was at me for a Merc, I gave an answer along the lines of 'yeah, when I am a millionaire' when from the back of the car one of the kids comes out with 'but you are'. When I actually sat down and worked it out we had well and truly surpassed it. Simply to busy building the business:eek:

Cheers

It's official; according to the Bank, based on their recent vals and the debt owed, we have finally achieved it today;

Nett worth from investment assets of $1 mill!! Yay!

Small potatoes to some here no doubt, but a biggy for us. The wife and I had a quiet glass of wine to celebrate tonight.

The hard work and sacrifice has paid off, and the good news is; anyone can do it.
Well done to both of you, it took us 18 years to crack the one mill mark,and i agree the second mill comes along a lot quicker,just go with the flow,all you have to work out now is how to turn the first mill into 2 then 5 million..good luck..
willair..

What fantastic news! Thank you for sharing. Are you celebrating in some special way? Maybe we could have a cyber party in the chatroom?

Well done mate....
It really IS true what they say - 'the 1st is the hardest' the 2nd is at least 10 times easier.

Completely agree! That first million is HUGE. If you are there now you are just ready to launch. Once the next round of growth comes through your portfolio you will be stunned at how easily the next one comes. Just keep doing whatever you're doing cause its obviously working.

Congratulations and well done! :)

Agree with other posters here - that 2nd mill comes around a lot quicker... so keep an eye out!

It's truly wonderful what happens when you work out a good plan and stick to it... it's the boring one foot in front of the other, keep going type of leg work that really grows your wealth. And the discipline to not get side tracked along the way!

Thanks for sharing!

Back