A bit of a dilema

Hi i'm new to Adelaide and am looking to buy a beach side property to live in around the south coast. I've come across two properties, one in Christies beach 500m from the beach near Gulf Road. This house is on a 700m2 block immaculate and nothing to do for around $400,000 with sea views at ground level.

The other property is in Seaford up the Road only 100m from the beach on 860m2 block without any sea views unless you build up to second level.

I've also noticed the beach water in Seaford is also very rocky and might be abit annoying as well. But this house is an old brick house with a lot of work needed to bring upto scratch and is asking around the same price $400,000.

As I'm not familair with both suburbs I am unsure as to which I should buy? Is Seaford a better area than Christies beach or vica versa?

Which property will have more capital growth? Will the Seaford beach house give me more capital growth as it is a bigger block and only one street back from the beach?

I'm pretty handy with my hands and have no problem fixing the Seaford house - might need to spend around $100,000 to bring upto scratch but I am uncertain as to if i will recover my investment on this property or will i lose as the area may not be perceived as good as Christies beach.

Can any one familair with these areas please give me any feedback. I've made offers on both properties and feel they will both come to fuition. Which one do I buy?

Please anyone fromm Adelaide help me in my decision making.

I need to know which area is safest to buy in.

Please help a new adelaide friend.

one in Christies beach 500m from the beach near Gulf Road. This house is on a 700m2 block immaculate and nothing to do for around $400,000 with sea views at ground level.
Go for the one with sea views at ground level. Views sell. Something to consider would be whether or not the views be built out at any stage?

The other property is in Seaford up the Road only 100m from the beach on 860m2 block without any sea views unless you build up to second level.
You might never build up to a second level.

Which property will have more capital growth?
Christies Beach has over the past 10 years had CG of 14.4%. Seaford, over the same period has had 13.68%. (source APM) Really it is a coin toss on CG.

Will the Seaford beach house give me more capital growth as it is a bigger block and only one street back from the beach?
Close to the beach has to be good but views and still close (500m) to the beach maybe better? 700m2 compared to 860m2 - probably nothing in it from a $ perspective?? Still a coin toss IMO.

I have relos that live in Moana nearby to Seaford. My personal preference is for Christies Beach....but that's all it is.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I rather like christies beach to be honest but the 100m walk to the beach is inticing.

Worth noting it seems that the train line is likely to be extended to Seaford (completed by 2011- 2012 last I heard). This would have to generate some growth. Do the research though you know how these things can alter. What you read does not always eventuate! I don't know if you'll be working in the city but because of the express way it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes longer to get there from Seaford - even though it's several k's further out.
C.B has had huge capital growth recently. I don't know what could force the area up in value in the near future.
Do you like the heat as on a hot day in Adelaide it almost always feels cooler the further south you go. The rental scene in Seaford is tight and that is good news if you ever decide to make it an i.p.
Beach also gets better as you travel south all the way down to Sellicks Beach.
All the best with your research. - and welcome to S.A. :)

Back