Sworn Valuations in Brisbane

PPOR will be IP1 this Saturday and thus I need a sworn evaluation.

Can anyone recommend a place in Brisbane and suggest how much I'm looking at?

What is the minimum required by the ATO?

I don't know the answer, but I know that for my parents transferring properties into a trust, they have only had to have a licensed real estate agent do a valuation with several comparable valuations as back up.

This has been used for the stamp duty and as the base cost for the properties now that they are in the trust.

I don't see why you cannot do the same, as you would be looking for a base cost from when it turns from a PPOR to an IP, wouldn't you?

Of course, you need to get proper advice, but this is all my parents have needed.

You don't need a sworn valuation.

I agree with what wylie said, although replace the word 'valuation' with 'appraisal'. (Only registered valuers can do valuations).

Just get 3 x REAs written appraisals of market worth and go with that. (freebies)

They certainly will. They want your future business :D.

My mum needed only ONE agent, but with documented backup of at least three comparable sales (from memory). Certainly only one agent.

Surely REA's won't do this for free?

i'll second Wylies response - and I am one!!! :D

REA's do it for free because they can't charge for it and it is what they do...

just call them and tell them you're thinking of selling and want a written appraisal...if they then pester you after tell them you've changed your mind etc.

simple

Back