Brisbane Buyers Agents

Hello all,

I am a first time buyer living in Kalgoorlie (regional) WA working in the mines. My recent education into property investment has convinced me that purchasing an IP is best done in the area you live (to become familiar, build contacts). My intentions are to move to the Brisbane area after i purchase my first IP (to take advantage of my permanent job, in regards to loan approval) So im going to buy in Brissy then move there.

I would prefer not to pay 2% commission for something i am going to learn to do anyway. However after reading as much as i can on Buyers Agents i am convinced that for my first IP and due to my current circumstance using a BA is my wisest choice. Assuming i do my due diligence when choosing one and have a strategy of my own.

So i am looking at using a BA that specializes in the Brisbane area. I have setup a free consultation with Metropole and will use them as a benchmark to assess other BA's. If anyone has experience with any BA's in the Brisbane area i can you comment or recommend?

Steve

I have just contacted Scott also. We haven't spoken yet but he sent me a sample of their reports on potential properties which I thought was pretty good

Scott is a somersoft member. He has presented in Canberra- he was very impressive.

But he hasn't posted in this forum for a little over three years so you may need to contact him.

Another vote for Andrew... Also a long term regular on somersoft and a really nice guy as well.

He's well known to many of us Brisbanites & I have no dramas putting his name out there!

thanks guys, i'll compare the ones recommended. Also, there is a Real Estate Buyer’s Agents Association of Australia (REBAA) that has only a few BA's listed on it. Is it essential that i use a BA that is recognized here?

AA is AA.

Andrew helped us establish our cap for an auction we won 3 weeks ago for an inner-mid northside property.

Yesterday, we inspected a property in Clayfield which Andrew has helped us narrow an offer for.

I've known Andrew for 7 years and imho, he has outstanding northside local knowledge, and superior research skills and insight into Brisbane City Plan 2000 and 2012.

Further, AA has been personally active in the market since well before I've known him. I'm aware of three well timed personal acquisitions/disposals he's done recently.

I can not recommend Metropole Brisbane (now called Brisbane Buyers Agents I believe), we purchased our first investment through them in the first half of this year. We have used everyone they recommended, because they mentioned delays or miscommunication if we would use our own solicitor, property management, finance or trades people. In short it ended up in a nightmare and we would never use them again. Their property management is at a premium price, but in our case the service level is not good at all.
Coincidentally their (at the time June) Brisbane director is now involved in another company Property Portfolio. Please let me know if you're interested in more details, so I can send you a PM. I can't recommend another buyers agent in Brisbane because we stopped buying investment properties after our first bad experience, but I have heard good stories about Andrew Allen.

thanks guys, i'll compare the ones recommended. Also, there is a Real Estate Buyer’s Agents Association of Australia (REBAA) that has only a few BA's listed on it. Is it essential that i use a BA that is recognized here?

Hi Stevo

I'm also happy to endorse Andrew Allen and Scott- I've sent clients to both and have nothing but positive feedback. They are also both members of REBAA, which is important in locating an independent (none of them engage in any selling of real estate) experienced (min 12 mths) and professional BA. REBAA members also carry mandatory PI insurance and need to be endorsed by two other BA's in the association, as well as adhering to a minimum set of standards of practice. You can read more here regardless:
www.rebaa.com.au

Whilst not all BA's are yet members of REBAA the association is growing and we anticipate that most credible and reputable BA's will see the benefits of joining such a professional industry group. We are also highly passionate about the industry and are very involved in the provision of strategic advice to the NSW Department of Fair Trading as well as state REI's.

As Buyers Agency is still a relatively young and small niche industry, we are also very pro-active about establishing minimum training practice guidelines for new BA's and ensuring that consumers are as protected as possible when choosing an advocate to work on their behalf.

Re: Metropole. I know that the Brisbane branch has changed a lot (with new operators) in the last 12 mths or so, so you may want to check it out first before making a decision on who to use here.

Best of luck with your impending purchase.

Back