Frankston Dual Occ

I am looking for some assistance from any one who has done a Owner Builder in the Frankston/Bayside area.

I currently have a 2 bdr and study home on a block that will allow me to put a unit at the back (confirmed by Town Planner and Frankston City Council) and I am in the process of taking up an Owner Builder course from Holmesglen tafe.

Are there any pitfall's that I should watch out for by being an Owner Builder and also if I can get contact details of any good reasonably priced contractors/subcontractors that they can help me with putting this 10 Sq unit together.

I am of a fairly strict budget and want to make sure that I can make it happen.

This is my first post, however this site is great and have learnt a lot from here.
Shiom

Hi Shionm,
We're planning to do exactly the same (have a PROP in Seaford). Who did you use as a town planner? Did you submit your application to council already?

Regards,
kirte

Hi Shionm :eek: I have a flooding overlay (whatever that is),and no budget atm,but I would love to hear your ideas and see if it was something for me to consider in future
Cheers
Seaford Sunshine

I wonder how the OP and others have fared?

Frankston and Seaford are two cheap beachside suburbs with no shortage of rentable old homes on dual occ sites. I own in the area and am interested in developing.

If anyone has done so, can you please share here?

Back