Insurance For Student Accommodation

Hi,

I have a house in Victoria that I am setting up as student accommodation.

Can anybody recommend an Insurance Company for the landlords insurance.

Thanks

John

Thanks Propertunity :) for the contact. This really is a great forum. Hopefully one day I will be able to help people on here as well.

I did end up going with PB Insurance, after trying them and others.

You really don't know how good insurance is until you claim but I must say Ian from PB Insurance was very helpfully and knows this market and issues well. Just make sure you ask for Ian, he knows the most.

Just wanted to let others know how I went in case any others are also looking for this insurance soon.

Cheers

John J

Hi Simon,

The policy cost $1,420.00.

This does not include rental default as the students move in and out all the time and this would not be worth the cost to include.

Also the building had to comply with the BCA (re-classified a Class 1B and provided with hard wired smokies in every bedroom and emergency lighting) and I had to have it inspected and registered with Council's health department.

So hopefully with all of the above ticked off, if anything happens I will be covered.

I do wonder how people who only take out normal landlords insurance on student accommodation get on if they need to make a claim?

If anyone has done this and successfully claimed on the policy please let me know.

Cheers

John

Back