Buying my first property as investment ,do I pay stamp duty ?

Me and my husband are looking for buy our first house in QLD,but now my husband is working in WA,so we could not live in the house we are going to buy .and we plan to buy this house for 450K,do we need pay stamp duty for it ? we donot own any property this moment .

Yes snowwhite, you pay stamp duty.

Grumpy: Angel, ha! She's a female! And all females is poison! They're full of wicked wiles!
Bashful: What are wicked wiles?
Grumpy: I don't know, but I'm agin' 'em.

It's land tax that is calculated on the amount of properties you have. Stamp duty is payable on every single property every time it is sold and not dependent on anything else you have or own.

Yes, you will have to pay stamp duty. First owners are exempt up to a certain amount but it has to be for a PPOR, not an IP.
Marg

OK,thanks ,for if we buy in as IP,no matter if it's the first house we own or not ,we need pay stamp duty .

What about this house is going to be 90% owns by my husband (he is the only one working in our family this moment ),and 10% owns by me ,and I go to live there for 6 months after buy it ,my husband stays in the city he is working at (he is renting one there),and visit me from time to time .Can we get ouy first home grant and not pay stamp duty ? I had ask friend works in the bank last time ,he said he is not quit sure ..:(

Hi sw

If you reside there and can show it to be the case, and partner has to work elsewhere and claims LAHA, I reckon youd be fine with the stamps exemption

ta

rolf

Back