SS Sydney Meetup

Hi guys,

Who's interested in a Sydney get together (no age limitations!)? The more the merrier. If you are, where do you currently live and do you have any suggestions for a meeting place around your local area? A prerequisite for many is that it must have beautiful tasting food? :cool:

We're looking for a neutral location so hopefully it won't involve too much travelling for all concerned. Once we finish seeing who's interested, we can then organise a date/time and location.

So, expressions of interest?

Steve

What? With all that under 30 riff raff, yung punks and lazy "want it all now" ungrateful gen Yers...
Might be better if we just hang out with like minded people our own age who have paid ther dues.
:rolleyes:

Hi guys,

We're looking for a neutral location so hopefully it won't involve too much travelling for all concerned. Once we finish seeing who's interested, we can then organise a date/time and location.

Steve

Steve
I'm interested
Around Parramatta and any day after 6pm would suit me.
cheers

Around Parra way would suit me too - but not in Parra itself, parking is usually a nightmare in the early evening and dashing out of cafes to put more coins in the parking metre is a PITA.

I would have been interested but after reading your other post it seems you really only want those under 30 but are bowing to pressure to invite those over 30. I feel like a bit of a charity case (I'm old by your standards so no thanks).

Hope you younguns have fun.

I'll wait for the next "real" one.

Why not the Albion Hotel? Weeknight (not friday)....

Thats my fav meeting place during business hours as its central close to transport and has different areas for your mood, eg lounges, stools, tables etc...

I don't understand why there is a conception on here that I don't want over 30's lol. I have been to a recent investor meetup and found it highly valuable having older SS members there offering their advice. As I said in the other thread, I was asking people their thoughts on the feasibility of such an idea (i.e. young investor meetup). I was informed that it would be more appropriate to have older investors come along as well - or risk having the 'blind leading the blind'. So, as a result, everyone is welcome, all ages, all investment experiences. The whole point is to have as many people as we can - so we all learn, and keep learning and networking. I felt I should clear up this misconception before people start taking me out of context again.

Cheers,
Steve

Hi guys,

Just throwing an idea out there - not sure on it's feasibility yet. I reckon it would be great to have a meetup of Under 30's investors in Sydney at some stage in the future. Whether the idea is doable or not depends on how many expressions of interest we have.

So, thoughts?

Regards,
Steve

Is this taking you out of context?

I'm sure you'll get a great roll up anyway. Have fun/learn heaps. The meetups are very valuable. It is always valuable to network with others.

Is this taking you out of context?

I'm sure you'll get a great roll up anyway. Have fun/learn heaps. The meetups are very valuable. It is always valuable to network with others.

Yes, this thread is for a separate meetup altogether. The ideas are completely different - one is for an Under 30's meetup, the other is for an all ages one. The under 30's idea was scrapped because people thought having older people there was a much better idea, and the more I think about it, the more I agree. You're most welcome to still come along if you so please - I never said you couldn't.

Cheers,
Steve

Some potential dates guys, how do these suit:

(a) Monday 27 September or
(b) Tuesday 28 September

Gives us four weeks exactly from this week. Can I also suggest we have it a little bit further out from the Parra CBD - parking at night there is a nightmare? Perhaps the Leagues Club or maybe even the Hogs Breath at North Parramatta or the RSL club? Just some suggestions. Does anyone know of any other nice places outside the CBD that have free parking and aren't too overcrowded?

Steve

Edit: Or if people still want the Albion, I'm fine for that!

Last edited:
Best not to have a place where you feel obliged to eat.

Nathan might have to sneak in (again););).

There was a meeting at Bull and Bush (Baulkham Hills) once.

Best not to have a place where you feel obliged to eat.

Good call - one of the reasons we often select an informal bistro for the Melbourne meets, is so people have the choice of coming in when they want, ordering anything from a coffee, a meal, or nothing at all without odd looks from wait staff etc.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Edit: Or if people still want the Albion, I'm fine for that!

Steve, a wise person on this forum once told me (when I was in the throes of trying to organise the Melbourne get togethers) "Be autocratic - don't give people choices, or you'll never organise it!" :D

Cheers,

The Y-man

Steve, a wise person on this forum once told me (when I was in the throes of trying to organise the Melbourne get togethers) "Be autocratic - don't give people choices, or you'll never organise it!" :D

Cheers,

The Y-man

Hi Y,

Thanks for the advice. That being the case - and given the efficiency of how the Melbourne meetings seem to materialise - lets go with the following:

Date: Tuesday 21st September (4 weeks from today - plenty of time for people to schedule it in their diaries and hopefully not make alternative arrangements)

Location: The Bull and Bush Hotel, Baulkham Hills. We'll be seated in BB's Bar & Grill I'd say. I will confirm when we know more about numbers and the booking has been finalised. You shouldn't feel obliged to eat, I've gone to many meetings there and never ordered a thing. When I have, the staff have been great, and the food even better!

Time: 7:30pm

About two weeks out, when we have a bit more of an idea of numbers, I'll book the table under the name of Somersoft.

Count me in for 2 people.

Who else is in? As I've said earlier, all are welcome. The more the merrier.

Cheers,
Steve

Back