Let the games begin..

Ok. So came to a deal this afternoon, signing contract tomorrow. So all good up to this point.

Now here comes the kicker. 30 minutes ago, another agent I have been dealing with rang and said he heard the property 'failed' the building inspection, hence why the last contract fell through.

Questions:

1. Should I approach the agent re: this tomorrow before I pay my deposit? Could just say I heard it on the grapevine and see what his response is?

2. Should I just proceed anyway? As an aside, it is a GJ Gardner house, only 4 years old. Would I have any recourse to get any issues fixed under building warranty?

Just when I thought everything was apples :mad:

Ta

Last edited:
Inspection hopefully tomorrow.

Issue is, I don't want to front up $1k for a deposit when I can establish the house is no good. Maybe I try and get it first done before I part with my cash?

Don't listen to the other agent, they probably want you to pull out and purchase a property they're having trouble selling.

Did you put building and pest in your contract?

If not, you should arrange your own as they're always good just in case.

Ok. So came to a deal this afternoon, signing contract tomorrow. So all good up to this point.

Now here comes the kicker. 30 minutes ago, another agent I have been dealing with rang and said he heard the property 'failed' the building inspection, hence why the last contract fell through.

Questions:

1. Should I approach the agent re: this tomorrow before I pay my deposit? Could just say I heard it on the grapevine and see what his response is?

2. Should I just proceed anyway? As an aside, it is a GJ Gardner house, only 4 years old. Would I have any recourse to get any issues fixed under building warranty?

Just when I thought everything was apples :mad:

Ta

do the deal tomorrow with a building clause to your satisfaction. alert the building inspector to the concerns. tell the selling agent about what the other agent said. let them know the grapevine is working.

Building regs different in every state.

Most states; at least Vic, QLD and NSW, have regulation that automatically transfers the structural stat warrantee over to you irrespective of whether you have a clause in your sales contract that assigns this warrantee to you. I know this is not the case in Tassie not 100% on other states...

For those in commercial this is not the case; if you don't get the warrantee transferred you have absolutely no warrantee from the builder whether he gave one to the previous owner or not.

So turns out my source was correct. Am awaiting the engineer's report before I go any further. Will post up the details for more knowledgeable people to comment on.

edit: vendor has conducted engineer's report at own expense. Not looking good though :-(

Last edited:
Back