Burwood VIC

I know Burwood a bit, but have never heard of H & L Intera, or whatever it’s called.

Burwood is a good area…nice and leafy, east suburbs…expensive. I can’t see buying here would be a problem in terms of losing money.

I know Burwood a bit, but have never heard of H & L Intera, or whatever it’s called.

Burwood is a good area…nice and leafy, east suburbs…expensive. I can’t see buying here would be a problem in terms of losing money.

Interia is off Burwood Hwy, in btw Station st & Middleborough road, a new 200 dwellings site developed by Australand... anyone bought House & Land over there or any other comments on this area?

I think Burwood is a great area & I am invested there. With Deakin and the public transport infrastructure Burwood is a safe investment IMO. It's right next to Surrey Hills & will still get the flow-on effect from people priced out of that suburb.
Don't know anything about the development but the only thing I'd say is just watch the prices in comparison with what else you can get in Burwood for the money.

I found an article talking about this development

200-plus dwellings approved for Burwood, VCAT says there's scope for more
Council

4 Nov 09 @ 06:00am by James Dowling

AN enormous 214-residential proposal in Burwood is an underdevelopment, according to a senior member on the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.

Australand got the VCAT tick of approval on October 19 to build 116 houses and 98 apartments on the former Vision Australia site at 333 Burwood Highway.

The company took its development to the planning umpire after Whitehorse Council refused to provide access to the development from Bronte Ave, which the land backs on to. The council and the 121 objectors believed the development would lead to a substantial influx of traffic on to the quiet street, but VCAT senior member Anthony Liston ruled traffic increases “are likely to be barely perceptible”.

Is this development good for Whitehorse? Tell us below.

Mr Liston said the proposal was a good example of urban consolidation and could be “regarded as an underdevelopment of the land”.

Australand residential Victoria general manager Robert Pradolin said it was uneconomical to create a higher density proposal. He said the project was not as profitable as originally expected but was acceptable and the company wanted to avoid any further delays.

He said it would now finalise its drawing and start demolishing the old school in January.

Mr Pradolin said people could purchase off the plan next year and move into their new homes in the beginning of 2011.

The apartment blocks will only be accessed from Burwood Highway while entrance for the three, four and five-bedroom houses will be via Bronte Ave.

Mr Pradolin said apartments would sell as high as $450,000 and homes were up to $900,000.

“It will be a whole variety of products from apartments to townhouse and three or four-bedroom homes,” Mr Pradolin said.

He said research showed most purchases would come from people already living in the area.

Residents, MP concerned development will clog residential street

THE planning umpire made the wrong decision on a Burwood development, the local MP says.

Burwood state Labor MP Bob Stensholt said the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal had erred in allowing Australand-built homes access to Bronte Ave, after the developer got the go-ahead to build on the former Vision Australia site. “We have to live with the umpire’s decision but we wish they took more cognisance of the view of the council and the residents,” Mr Stensholt said.

Whitehorse Council and 121 objectors opposed providing access to Bronte Ave for the development. Resident Russell Green said Bronte Ave and Christina St were already overflowing with cars that used the streets as a rat-run to avoid busy Station St. “It will now fall on the council to put in some protective measures to reduce car speed and the amount of traffic on the street,” Mr Green said.

But Whitehorse Council city development general manager Julie Reid signalled they would not introduce “any traffic control measures as a direct response to the VCAT determination”.

Ms Reid said the council, through negotiations, had secured more than 9000sq m of public open space as part of the development.

Mr Green said Australand had a chance to develop a site that would be a key architectural statement.

Just had a look at the development plans & I think it looks really good. Much more of the development is houses & the apartments are only 2 stories tall. Prices seem reasonable seeing other townhouses sell around 700 odd. Looks like a good infill development in a a strong eastern suburb. The only thing I am unsure about is Australand build quality. I understand that Mirvac has a good reputation, but not so sure about Australand. Perhaps they are going a bit more up-market with this development? I notice the emphasis on the architecture - which is very promising. Is this for an IP you're looking or PPOR? I would think the development is very much pitched at OOs, which is a good thing either way.

Just had a look at the development plans & I think it looks really good. Much more of the development is houses & the apartments are only 2 stories tall. Prices seem reasonable seeing other townhouses sell around 700 odd. Looks like a good infill development in a a strong eastern suburb. The only thing I am unsure about is Australand build quality. I understand that Mirvac has a good reputation, but not so sure about Australand. Perhaps they are going a bit more up-market with this development? I notice the emphasis on the architecture - which is very promising. Is this for an IP you're looking or PPOR? I would think the development is very much pitched at OOs, which is a good thing either way.

THanks Ms. Jade, it's for PPOR, I hope I made a right decision

Recently I've received email from Australand:

Interia Burwood
Huge Success
Early Release of 4 homes
11th January 2011, by appointment only

House Name
Bedrooms Bathrooms Garage Price From
Bratice 3 2 1 $698,000
Ashlar 4 2 2 $765,000
Corbel 4 2 2 $765,000

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently I've received email from Australand:

Interia Burwood
Huge Success
Early Release of 4 homes
11th January 2011, by appointment only

House Name
Bedrooms Bathrooms Garage Price From
Bratice 3 2 1 $698,000
Ashlar 4 2 2 $765,000
Corbel 4 2 2 $765,000

If it's selling well, why push it? They should "sell them selves".

Red flag when a developer needs to resort to make a sense of urgency.

The Y-man

If it's selling well, why push it? They should "sell them selves".

Red flag when a developer needs to resort to make a sense of urgency.

The Y-man

They haven't pushed it, they sent me this email because I've registered with them before...

They even haven't launch any advertisement yet...

Alan,
if they are only releasing 4 properties I imagine they'll get snapped up on the first day. I know some developers do it in the order that you put your name down; some do a lottery system. i wonder how this one will work, as they'd have a lot more than 4 people registered.
Anyway, even though I expect the land sizes are small these prices look surprisingly reasonable.

Alan,
if they are only releasing 4 properties I imagine they'll get snapped up on the first day. I know some developers do it in the order that you put your name down; some do a lottery system. i wonder how this one will work, as they'd have a lot more than 4 people registered.
Anyway, even though I expect the land sizes are small these prices look surprisingly reasonable.

I think they're doing "first comes best dressed" system.

The sizes of land ranged from 182sqm to 281sqm in the earlier release.

I think they're doing "first comes best dressed" system.

The sizes of land ranged from 182sqm to 281sqm in the earlier release.
182?? I'm really surprised that subdivisions can be that small in Burwood! Happily surprised though, as what i thought may be a 2 lot subdivision may possibly be a 3 lot....

Heard that there will be a activity centre nearby:

Burwood Heights Activity Centre Structure Plan
The Victorian Government declared the Burwood Heights area a Major Activity Centre. This is because of its significance in terms of the range of existing uses, access to public transport and the potential for significant development. For more information on the government's Melbourne 2030 Strategy, you can go the link at the bottom of this page.

In August 2006, Council adopted the Burwood Heights Structure Plan, completing a major milestone for the Activity Centre. The Structure Plan was finalised after review of community feedback on the Draft Plan in February 2006.

The Structure Plan integrates and provides guidance for the future development of key sites in the area, such as the 20.5 hectare old brickworks site on Middleborough Road and the RSPCA's site at the corner of Middleborough Road and Burwood Highway, and the Burwood Heights Shopping Centre. The Victorian Government contributed funding to the structure plan.

Burwood Square Development Plan For Former Brickworks Site
Background
In February 2006, the Minister for Planning rezoned the former brickworks site in Middleborough Road, East Burwood, to a Priority Development Zone to recognise the site’s significance in the metropolitan area and introduced two interim planning policies – one for the wider Burwood Heights Activity Centre and another specifically for the former brickworks site.

The zone and policies are based on the broader Structure Plan and a conceptual 'Framework Plan' completed for the former brickworks in July 2005.

The Priority Development Zone allows for a mix of residential, commercial, retail, office, entertainment and leisure uses.

Burwood Square Development Plan
A Development Plan is required under the Priority Development Zone and is an important stage in planning of this key site within the Burwood Heights Major Activity Centre.

The Burwood Square Development Plan was placed on display for community comment in October/November 2007 and was approved by Council at its meeting on 18 February 2008, subject to a range of conditions. The plan will guide assessment of furtue planning permit applications for the site.

Development is planned in four stages. Key elements of the plan include:

A mix of uses within three activity precincts across the site
A new boulevard through the site (Main Street) to link Middleborough Road and Burwood Highway, and lined with uses such as shops, cafes and restaurants
A new park with a lake in the northern residential precinct
An urban plaza as a central focus and as a vibrant meeting and activity space
High quality buildings fronting Middleborough Road and in a campus-style setting along Burwood Highway
Upgrade of surrounding intersections to manage traffic and new traffic signals at Middleborough Road / Main Street for the new link road
Higher density housing with scope for a range of housing types
A transition of building height towards the edges of the site
A walking and cycling network
Scope for public transport improvements
Use of ecologically sustainable development principles
Urban design guidelines for future buildings
The plan incorporates a range of facilities for the community including restaurants, specialty shops, entertainment / cinemas, gymnasium and ten-pin bowling in a new, state-of-the-art centre with a 'lifestyle/leisure-based' focus.

Council's approval of the development plan was subject to a range of conditions including:

Adequate residential development in each stage
An integrated mix of uses including residential, retail, office and leisure
A commitment to ecologically sustainable development in the building design
Meeting urban design guidelines
Ensuring the development was easily accessible for pedestrians
Next steps are for the developers to apply for planning permits and the development plan will be used to assess those applications.

Very impressed with the floor plan, but it's a shame there's only a single garage. I guess a second car could park in the driveway.

Very impressed with the floor plan, but it's a shame there's only a single garage. I guess a second car could park in the driveway.

The driveway is only 3m long and it only can be fitted in with a SMART car...
You only can park your 2nd car on sides of local roads.

Back