Main Drive Kew, Victoria

Based on previous sales- for the houses on the development already completed that face princess St (approx 1.8M) probably overpriced for what you can buy in Kew.

This is an unusual precinct-its similar to the Willsmere development- not considered Studley Park, not considered Kew by the locals. Poor public transport- there is a bus, but it is too far to walk for the trams.

Based on previous sales- for the houses on the development already completed that face princess St (approx 1.8M) probably overpriced for what you can buy in Kew.

This is an unusual precinct-its similar to the Willsmere development- not considered Studley Park, not considered Kew by the locals. Poor public transport- there is a bus, but it is too far to walk for the trams.

But it's only 9km from city, and you can get to Eastern freeway next to the estate, also the houses are new...

Alanrrll,

I notice you have started these threads in additon to this one (in very diverse areas):

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67769

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68886

In all of these you are very confident of having done the research, and have an answer for all the observations made.

The biggest question that is in my mind is: why do you bother asking?

I can only think of 2 reasons:

1. Analysis Paralysis - in which case, go buy one - any of those in which you have shown you have done significant research for. Nothing teaches like experience.

2. You are some sort of sales rep or someone who has a vested interest in selling from these offerings.

I am assuming you are "reason 1" at present.

Think of it this way - a question posed on these forums "What do you think of <area>" will not get many responses, and of those you do, how do you know they are reliable?

Again - someone might say, "Alanrrll, it's a fantastic area, you must go and buy right now" because they have some vested interest in the area (if only to get values up in the area or something....).

Alternatively, you will find many posting who point out the negatives (like me), and once more - it's just an observation from someone who doesn't even live there.... which simply adds to any analysis paralysis you are having.

If you still feel you must analyse further - ask quality questions - or what I call the "next layer down" questions.

Not "What do you think of <area>" or even "Council XYZ has a plan - what do you think?"

but for example

"There is a council plan XYZ in this area - can anyone tell me where I can find out how many previous plans have been adopted?"

See - it didn't ask about the plan - it asked about where you can get more info about the history of plans in the council.

Quality Questions = Quality Answers :)

Good luck and happy hunting.

The Y-man

But it's only 9km from city, and you can get to Eastern freeway next to the estate, also the houses are new...

Alan,

My read is that you want a PPOR and that you have kids.

My guess is that you would want max capital growth for your PPOR- so my answer doesn't change, for the price and the land component-there is better buying in "traditional" Kew- its not going to be as glamourous or new, its all about land content and zone.

I dislike the public transport aspect from the perspective of
1. I don't like driving my kids to school, and
2. I really don't want to drive my kids when they are teenagers

There is also the where to school? children aspect.

And I agree with others- there is a traffic jam at peak hour from Kew, where the freeway is due to back up from Hoddle Street and blockage on the Chandler Bridge.

I would suggest if you are happy with this location, you'd do much better for your $$$ across the bridge in Alphington/Fairfield.

How interesting. Haven't looked idepth into this area, but since this thread was opened in 2011, would suspect these things have lost money/not made much money relative to other things in the same suburb.

Back