Gosford - Central Coast

Hey all,

We are looking to buy in a couple of months around the Gosford area, budget up to $350k. Can anyone recommend some nice areas, prefer bush over sea views so have been thinking Wyoming/Narara.
Only requirement is its within 15min to the train station - either Gosford or Woy Woy as better half will be commuting to Sydney.

Thanks,

Andy

North Gosford, Wyoming, Narara, Niagara Park, Lisarow, Ourimbah - all have parts with bush views for that budget. As you move south of West Gosford, towards Woy Woy, you get the train OK but the views become water ones and consequently start to exceed your $350K budget. :)

Gosford is full of deros, drugos and bogans... what? Someone had to say it :)

Youtube ‘Trent from punchie’ that bloke hangs out at Gosford station

ZED TED i agree, and many mothers walking down the streets with kids to different dads?
the pub in umina gets the most call outs in NSW,
BUT!!!!!!
the water is awsome , well valued , the building opertunities are good , most homes would do well by value adding..
rental s are very tight, and the council will allow you to add bungelows to the back of these homes if they have a lane way.

This is why i intend to buy two homes in this area, People forget about redfurn, in sydney, and how it has changed, also noting the causway in canberra , now million$$ land , look at the big picture , the long term , and value it against the past , because investing in property is about the days after tomorow, not yesterday.

I know the area very well. (and the O.B. pub in Umina) and it has low cap growth (which is why its such a cheap area).

It will not take off. There is very little demand.

Redfern is 2km from Sydney CBD, Gosford/Woy Woy is abit further than that.

ZED TED i agree, and many mothers walking down the streets with kids to different dads?
BUT!!!!!!
the water is awsome , well valued , the building opertunities are good , most homes would do well by value adding..
rental s are very tight, and the council will allow you to add bungelows to the back of these homes if they have a lane way.

This is why i intend to buy two homes in this area, People forget about redfurn, in sydney, and how it has changed, also noting the causway in canberra , now million$$ land , look at the big picture , the long term , and value it against the past , because investing in property is about the days after tomorow, not yesterday.

I know the area very well. (and the O.B. pub in Umina) and it has low cap growth (which is why its such a cheap area).

It will not take off. There is very little demand.

Redfern is 2km from Sydney CBD, Gosford/Woy Woy is abit further than that.

Its a fair point but parts of the area has comparable 10yr CG figures to parts of the Northern Beaches in Sydney. If I was working in Sydney CBD I'd rather commute from Gosford than western Sydney (based on our budget).

BUT!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly Craig, we're in it for the long term so happy to have a house sit there for 10 years, it might not double but it will go up in value, and like you say, value adding is the way to go...

Ettalong , there has been a 20m$ build going in this area, it will be new plaza build next to the mantra (stunning), mcdonald and aldi and woolworths have been approved as well, new board walks, and beach home are on the ways.

this will increse income , and will hsve a longer term sustainability, when the old granies go, and the younger population move in , schools will get an upgrade , parks and recriational services , but keep this quiet as i don,t want this to get out ,:D

North Gosford, Wyoming, Narara, Niagara Park, Lisarow, Ourimbah - all have parts with bush views for that budget. As you move south of West Gosford, towards Woy Woy, you get the train OK but the views become water ones and consequently start to exceed your $350K budget. :)

Thanks Prop, wouldn't Ourimbah be more than 15min to Gosford station?

My comment was just a mandatory berating of a lower socioeconomic area. My threads get trolled all the time because the suburb isn’t bluechip.

Anyway I got mates that live on the coast and we drive down to Sydney going past Gosford it looks great, the waterfront area mostly. Always wondered if it would take off or not.

Mate, you must have a good crystal ball. :rolleyes:

A big new Woolies has opened in Umina and a an Aldi planned. Big deal.

The development at Ettalong has been on the board for years and years. Just like the fast ferry to Sydney. What a joke.

If they do build the thing at Ettalong, it will give the druggies more hiding places. They have pulled out the lantana growth from the Ettalong foreshore as it was full of druggies, drunks and skanks living in it.

They called it the 'Sunshine Club' No Joke, i could meet you there tomorrow and introduce you to at least 10 druggies and drunks in Ettalong and Umina that i know. They will give you a good rundown on the area.

Nothing moves that area in price beyond the slow creep of low cap growth. Nothing.

Ettalong , there has been a 20m$ build going in this area, it will be new plaza build next to the mantra (stunning), mcdonald and aldi and woolworths have been approved as well, new board walks, and beach home are on the ways.

this will increse income , and will hsve a longer term sustainability, when the old granies go, and the younger population move in , schools will get an upgrade , parks and recriational services , but keep this quiet as i don,t want this to get out ,:D

i only hear of these things as both my brothers live and build in the area , and my father owns the peninsular news , local rag,
this is my fishing ground and would love to visit more that once a month?

Perhaps you should volenteer for the canberra soup kitchen , so you can tell me where not to invest there?

I don't know Canberra, thats why i don't comment on it.

I was born on the Woy Woy peninsula (family moved to Sydney when i was 4) and have recently lived there for 8 years. Went up there for holidays in my youth and teens often (when there was fish lol). Couldn't wait to get back to Sydney 2 years ago. Its getting worse up there, not better.

The difference is that most areas have elements of this stuff scattered or maybe isolated is maybe a better word.

Whereas the Woy Woy peninsula specifically and most of the Central coast, it is all of it.

And yes, i am familiar with the Peninsula News. A funny little local paper.

Do you volunteer?

i only hear of these things as both my brothers live and build in the area , and my father owns the peninsular news , local rag,
this is my fishing ground and would love to visit more that once a month?

Perhaps you should volenteer for the canberra soup kitchen , so you can tell me where not to invest there?

I don't know Canberra, thats why i don't comment on it.

I was born on the Woy Woy peninsula (family moved to Sydney when i was 4) and have recently lived there for 8 years. Went up there for holidays in my youth and teens often (when there was fish lol). Couldn't wait to get back to Sydney 2 years ago. Its getting worse up there, not better.

The difference is that most areas have elements of this stuff scattered or maybe isolated is maybe a better word.

Whereas the Woy Woy peninsula specifically and most of the Central coast, it is all of it.

And yes, i am familiar with the Peninsula News. A funny little local paper.

Do you volunteer?
no , as my dad says i cant spell, LOL! but i build ok and thats my thing:D

Have lived in Woy Woy and the surrounding area my whole life (or close to it). The problems many mentioned are found anywhere. everywhere has homeless, drunks and druggies. Show me somewhere that doesn't. You just need to pick your streets. Some are worse than others.

I love living here and will more than likely never leave. Close to sydney if you need it, water and beaches close (one street from my house) plenty of shops and transport. If you need a shop that is not local you have Gosford and Erina not too far away.

While I haven't bought a investment property locally, my PPOR almost doubled in value in 9 years. Allowed me to upgrade to my current home. Thinking of buying a IP local when I get my next IP. While not council approved there are many dual income properties in the woy woy, umina and ettalong area.

Mate, it takes 30-40 minutes to get to Erina Fair from the peninsula. Thats not close. And there is nothing at Gosford.

I used to sometimes go Gloria Jeans in Deepwater Plaza on what happened to be local cheque day. Lordy!!! What a sight.

Yes, there is homelessness, crime, unmarried mums, drugs, fights, alcos etc everywhere. But the point is to what extent.
They have these problems in St Ives (for eg) but at about 1000th the level on the peninsula.

So, they dont have it everywhere to that level, in fact ive seen it in very few places to that extent. And ive been around a little bit. :D

You should say "where do they have it to the level on the Woy Woy Peninsula?"

But the point is i think, this discussion is more about the person than the area. Heres an eg: My neighbor up there called the place "Mt Druitt by the sea" and she moved there from Penrith when she was in primary school, shes late 30s now) but she thought she was living in paradise.

So, it is what it is, and a particular type of person likes it and others don't. I saw plenty of families move up there (priced out of Sydney) and after a year or 2 move back to Sydney and rent as they were surprised what they found.

I had (and have) the financial means to live in Sydney's inner west so choose to do so. A lot of people/families on the central coast live there because they have to price wise. Or live in Sydney's outer Western Suburbs where the prices and demographic are similar.

In that case, yes its better because of the proximity of water.

Have lived in Woy Woy and the surrounding area my whole life (or close to it). The problems many mentioned are found anywhere. everywhere has homeless, drunks and druggies. Show me somewhere that doesn't. You just need to pick your streets. Some are worse than others.

I love living here and will more than likely never leave. Close to sydney if you need it, water and beaches close (one street from my house) plenty of shops and transport. If you need a shop that is not local you have Gosford and Erina not too far away.

While I haven't bought a investment property locally, my PPOR almost doubled in value in 9 years. Allowed me to upgrade to my current home. Thinking of buying a IP local when I get my next IP. While not council approved there are many dual income properties in the woy woy, umina and ettalong area.

Back