Soil removal price

Just wondering how much is reasonable for soil removal? My contract charged me $2700 around for removing 155 tones of excess soil. Is that reasonable?...

depends on what kind of soil and what they can do with it. A few years ago there were some nearby marina developments/swampy land industrial sites accepting clean fill for free, so these guys were dumping there and charging a lower rate. Even better is when an excavator needs some fill for another job, and takes your dirt to use there (essentially selling your waste to the next guy and making $). So without knowing your area, I have no idea, just giving you a little insight into how things work behind the scenes where I live, and the "it depends" answer.

cheerios

Just wondering how much is reasonable for soil removal? My contract charged me $2700 around for removing 155 tones of excess soil. Is that reasonable?...

But is that also with the excavator use or without it?

Sounds ok to me, i paid 4k to remove around 50 tonne.

This equates to $17.42 per tonne.

The disposal only fee's in NSW are approx. $14 (exc. GST) for VENM or $60 (exc. GST) for ENM

VENM - Virgin Excavated Natural Material (normally required to be certified)
ENM - Excavated natural materal.

With 12 tonne fitting into a truck at $90 (exc. GST) per hour with 13 trips to the dump at 1 hours to load, travel, unload and return this will be just $1170 for the truck. Add excavator to load truck, add disposal and you have your self a very cheap disposal cost.

Cheers.

That would be the bargain of the century. Either the contractor lost money, your next door neighbour needed fill, or there wasn't actually 150 tonnes.

Back