Trolls on SS

You don't read too good do you? I said "frame of mind". Not some superfluous use of words.

Let's narrow it down: It's in the sense of humour. The classic Aussie SOH is self depreciating while dumping on others. When a "Wog" wakes up and accepts the digs in good spirit and puts ***** right back onto the Aussies he is "IN". no questions asked.

As I said. met many of them: Good blokes.:D

Oh yeah.. in my frame of mind the word imateship is not a superfluous word and s true aussie like me would never lower it's use to just as superfluous use of words either

So there ! Eh ! Nerrr !

See I know too mate :D

Sorry, mate, I will try to do that more! Oi, Oi, Oi!!!

It rolls of the end of most sentence beautfiully so is actually quit easy to use elegantly and unobtrusively AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI see ? people almost don't see it concsiously, but they know the frame of mind is there

Sorry - think you (and others) missed the point to my 'joke'. :eek:

I was responding to geoffw's 5-week comment. I've been here just over 2 years, and wouldn't make comments like annie_lumen has like "this has never happened on the forum before".

For the record, my maternal side (born here for about 6 generations) is VERY Aussie, but Dad came to Australia from Ireland as a young adult. I consider myself local to the country, but 12 years in Geelong... only just a local! :p

noooooo - i did totally "get it", and wasn't talking about australia at all ... i was implying being born on ss :D to be considered a local.

my warped and unfathomable sense of humour strikes again ;)

noooooo - i did totally "get it", and wasn't talking about australia at all ... i was implying being born on ss :D to be considered a local.

my warped and unfathomable sense of humour strikes again ;)

OK - I wondered... :p It must have been the subsequent posters that modified the context of your post...

Aarrgghhh!! Circular discussions.
mans-head-exploding.jpg

First time I drank Foster's I was in the US! :D My colleagues were astounded that it wasn't running out my pores. Great international marketing, if nothing else.

I'm quite fussy about my beer and I like to taste a bit of hops, and I won't touch most CUB beers because of it.

I was at a trade show last year in Florida, and someone put a beer in my hand, and I drank it (naturally!), and it tasted pretty good. Not as good as a decent micro-brewery, but certainly a nice malt/hop taste.

Much to my surprise, it was Fosters, provided by an Australian vendor, but obviously brewed either in the US or imported from the UK.

Contrary to Aussie Myth though, the US has damm good beer, as does the UK.

It's all true the Fosters I drank in the UK last year wasn't too bad at all and my British friends were surprised to hear me say "that's not bad" not knowing it was my first Fosters ever!

My favourite beer though whilst abroad had to be Keo in Cyprus (Greek side) and Efes in the Turkish side. Ah good times.

I've been here almost as long you you and can't recall a dissenting person getting banned at all - as long as they keep to the topic, discussed in a civilised and respectful manner.

those that get banned are those that obviously get frustrated and their comments turn to personal attacks or snidiness or nasty condesention when their dissention is either proven wrong or logically shredded - or majority sidetracked the thread by harping on about some minor, irrelevant point.

I'm glad to hear that!

Back