So, have you bought additional investment properties this year?

Have you purchased additional IPs in 2011?

• Yes, more than 1.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Yes, 1.

Votes: 62 35.0%
  • No.

Votes: 75 42.4%
  • Wouldn't even dream about it.

Votes: 13 7.3%

• Total voters
Bought 2 in the last 10 months and in the (slow) process of building 3 more. Good time to buy (in the areas I'm investing in IMO).

How are things going up your way Andy? Any movement happening after floods/cyclone? Do you get down to Townsville or up through to Cairns much? Any changes there or still slow? Been close to 12 months since I was up that way.

Waiting, watching and stockpiling cash.

That being said i am getting the urge to go shopping, trying to hold off until next year, when i believe we will have a better idea of whether the recovery in the US is at all real, or a dead cat bounce.

Settled last month on a gem. Great buying in specific markets at the moment IMHO.

Putting my head down again to raise some capital for another purchase mid 2012.

JT.

How are things going up your way Andy?

Well, by a stroke of good luck I actually moved away from the area just before the carnage, but we kept the house up there. Large trees came down, roller door went bye bye, but we came out of it pretty good.

In Toowoomba then, we were at the 'inland tsunami', gridlocked about one street back from what you saw on the telly; the weather kind of followed us around.

So yeah, house prices have dropped in Ingham at least, a LOT of places now sub 300, and a few sub 200, which is really bringing the market down.

I suspect 'hold' will be the option until about 2015, unless another flood etc. happens up there.

Voting is pretty even at the moment. Great to see people with the confidence to purchase. :D

We're buying a PPOR, just came to an agreement on the price, should go through fine (fingers crossed). :)

Feeling like a kid in a candy store....bought 3 so far this year.

Have been selective and have only bought in areas where there is a quick resale.

We negotiated a 9 month settlement on our new ppor. Will settle in sept. The 9 months have given us time to save for the reno. Wouldn't have been able to negotiate this in a hotter market so we are happy :) Hoping to add another early next year.

Hmm, I reckon the poll needs another option: would have bought but didn't have enough money or serviceability :)

We didn't buy anything this year, but we've done a DA and split a pair of semis onto 2 separate titles. Got my eye on a little place I want, but waiting to find out if hubby gets a pay rise first.

Prices would need to drop at least 25% before I might think about it. If that doesn't happen, so be it. At current levels there is far too much risk.

Just interested how many members have bought in the current market. :D

No.

Our current PPOR build is the closest we'll get to doing anything property-wise this year.

As soon as it's done I'll be getting a reval to (hopefully) enjoy some extra equity to use for another business purchase for some instant cashflow.

Been shopping, but nothing appeals yet. Too many F&C shops, hairdressing salons and cafes.

No. Currently out of work so limited opportunity at the moment. We looked at a comm property late last year but my appraisal did not match the REA's optimism.

SYD

Back