Next Interest Rate Movement down?

by the way those that are looking at deposits, should consider bank shares, they pay a hell of a lot higher 'interest' as dividends (10%+).

The funny thing is retail 'investors' will only start to get interested once they see the share price appreciate, but heres the catch
(a) the dividend yld will decline
(b) risk of capital loss increases as price increases

NAB says rates on hold until mid 2012

Interestingly toward the latter half of the article it appears Westpac are on their own in forecasting cash rate drops. The other three of the quadropoly still smell ensuing interest rate rises thru next year.

I see NAB has removed their previous forecast of a 25 point hike in December 2011 and now expects a considerable period of inaction by the RBA :)

http://www.spionline.com.au/2011/08/rates-on-hold-till-mid-2012amp/

Following the Reserve Bank of Australia’s parliamentary testimony last week, National Australia Bank has adjusted its expectations for the timing of future movements in the official interest rate.

According to a statement by the bank’s chief economist Alan Oster, NAB now expects a considerable period of inaction by the RBA.

“We have removed our previous forecast of a 25 point hike in December 2011,” Mr Oster said.

I still think the next move by the RBA will be up although still hoping for down. While ever that Glenn Stevens is there there is no hope of seeing really low rates as he is intent on spoiling the growth rates in property.

I personally think it will be a fair while before rates are lifted though.

I don't think they could possibly go up at this stage , my guess is on hold until 12 and then probably down a click or two.
Cheers

Can't see them clicking down, and definitely not click down 2...

People in capital cities honestly have no idea what's happening in the eastern coal mines and western iron ore fields do they? What do you think BHP does with its $22bn net profit? Spend it on infrastructure..... which drives up.. yes you know it... inflation!!

Back