Google Images

I have been photographed with my family a few times and appeared in a newspaper with our names printed. Two out of the three pictures come up when I google my name/kids names and images with the adjoining news story. I was just curious if there is ways to remove it. It doesn't worry me too much but I'm curious more than anything if you have any control over it.

That's the thing about the internet - it's there forever. Cached and all.
That's why it's so important to impress on younger folk the need to be cautious about what they put up on facebook etc.

No idea if you need the webmasters account and tool etc and if thats for all images or for your own site etc. I just googled it.

I think for general public and majority its tough luck if its up there its there. You can delete the image from wherever the source is - for instance facebook etc and then when google next indexes the page it wont appear anymore.

Thanks livewildcard. Good old google! I had discovered a while bac there was quite a few images of my daughter. It was obvious it was from her 'liking' pages on Facebook. I got her to unlike and upped security which
Made them all disappear immediately.

I have been photographed with my family a few times and appeared in a newspaper with our names printed. Two out of the three pictures come up when I google my name/kids names and images with the adjoining news story. I was just curious if there is ways to remove it. It doesn't worry me too much but I'm curious more than anything if you have any control over it.

INVSTOR if a newspaper owns the copyright to the photos then they can publish it online for editorial purposes, and it will likely be referenced by google.

INVSTOR if a newspaper owns the copyright to the photos then they can publish it online for editorial purposes, and it will likely be referenced by google.
I thought so! At the time I thought of it as being published in the paper for one edition without considering the internet. It doesn't worry me too much but will definately put more thought into it in the future before going ahead!

I thought so! At the time I thought of it as being published in the paper for one edition without considering the internet. It doesn't worry me too much but will definately put more thought into it in the future before going ahead!

Sure, usage rights can be confusing. Most times the publication commissioning the work has a right to publish & onsell for editorial publication & archive for future publication. Sometimes they make other agreements, often with freelancers, and sometimes with organisations that control various events.

From the point of view of the subjects of editorial images, the images should not be used for any sort of promotional purposes, it's purely editorial. If you find that's not the case then you should take it up. Also if the facts surrounding the publication are not accurate you should take it up.

did you know you are allowed to copyright your image in the US?

you can then deny any use of your footage in CCTV and print media, including disallowing it in court.....

madness.

did you know you are allowed to copyright your image in the US?

you can then deny any use of your footage in CCTV and print media, including disallowing it in court.....

madness.

I'm not following you Aaron. If I make an image here then I have copyright over that image in every country where there are agreements about copyright law, for 50 years, including the U.S. But is that what you're refering to?

Back