1/2 owner occupied 1/2 investment

W

WebBoard

Hello All,

I'm very new at this and have recently purchased the PIA Software which looks very good. I'm still trying to work out how to use it properly though. I have read through the help menus but don't quite understand the overall way the info feeds through the system. I can use each individual window Ok but its the big picture stuff like how it all links together or into the Wealth Builder that confuses me a bit. So my following questions relate to overall set up and one specific question about owner occupied premises that are partly for investment purposes.

I was after some general advice on how the system is set up? That is, what windows are connected to each other and which ones stand alone? If I'm correct if you alter the figures in some areas like the Investor areas, Home Loan etc then this info is used in calculations in other areas like Property Analysis. Could easily be wrong.

So I guess I'm trying to work out what areas feed into each other so I can properly analyse each situation. Eg. How does it all link into the Wealth Builder calculations window? And can you link a number of completely different properties into the same Wealth Builder analysis.

Another question. When I save a file does it save all the adjustments in the other areas, like those in the Investor Menu etc ?

One final more specific question relates to a situation where someone purchases a property to live in (say two bedroom premises) and rents/boards the other room. My understanding is that a certain amount of taxation benefits can be gained by declaring this. So what is the best way to use the PIA Software to analyse this situation? Can this comparison be done?

Thanks for your help.
Mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Sorry, one more question re the Wealth Builder. How can you input data from a number of different IPs(IE - with different prices, CG etc)into the Wealth Builder at the same time for assessment?

Thanks,
Mark.

Reply: 1.1

Nice to see your questions being answered!
Yes, it's a bit confusing to a not so advanced computer user like me.
The software was created by a computer programmer and has not simplified it enough to get new people started quickly.
However, play around with it and you will see how it all connects as it is very powerful.
I just wish the figures shown as examples was able to be wiped out in one foul swoop, so you can start fresh each time quicker.

The way I see it, if you want to assume a particular situation involving several different properties with vastly different figures then create a separate file on each property then go into "investor" on the menu bar and click on "create portfolio" and add the properties you want to include in the analysis. That will then give you what I think you are looking for.

Hope this helps,
regards,
Thorpedo

Back