1 beddie apartment - Bruce ACT

Hi everyone

Prior to publicly listing my 1 beddie apartment for sale, I thought I would throw it to the Somersoft community.

Apartment built in 2008 and has been tenanted since 2009 (I bought it as a PPoR then moved to house).

Carpets and repainted 2 years ago.

Tenant currently paying $320/week and willing to stay on.

Total Outgoings approx $5,500/year - strata, rates, water, insurances, PM fees.

At end of the block with additional windows in living and bedroom areas.

Secure basement carpark and close to public transport and bike paths (for those energetic type).

Beside AIS, Calvary Hospital and Bruce CIT campus. Not far from University of Canberra and Belconnen town centre.

Contracts ready to go and will be listed through an agent on 1 September.

$285,000 prior to public listing

Please PM/email me for photos and further info.

Cheers,

Best of luck with the sale Chris.

I don't know what the Bruce market is doing at the moment but that price seems quite reasonable.

Cheers

Jamie

Hey Chris - definitely seems like a fair price to me. From memory, saw some resale NRAS's 1 beddies in Bruce (eclipse?) priced a little higher than what you had.

Would be interested in hearing how you find demand condtions in the market.

Goodluck :)

Hi ChrisA1,

Let's go devils advocate-5.5k py in outgoings-roughly 106$pw - rental atm 320$pw.

Leftover rent 224$ + repairs etc,if any.

Factor in soft rental market.

@ 285k imo FHB or someone to minimize tax etc,

I'm not having a crack but stating the obvious.

Good luck,hope you have a gun agent and would be interesting on the what the market decides.Keep us posted,i wish you all the best and let us know the results :)

Cheers Spades.

Cheers Spades,

yep, know what you're saying. I interviewed 4 agents with price approximations coming back at $286K+, $299K, why do you want to sell it (agency with the rental), $290K+. I looked at current properties for sale and decided on the selling price.

Now it's the market's turn :)

Hi ChrisA1,

I'd prefer a quick sale with a reasonable outcome.

Why not start @ 260k + as an example?

A good selling agent is in good stead as well and a quick result,if your reasonable.

Each to there own,i'd rather a quick buck than keep on losing.

See vendors all the time list there props mnths on end,anyhow good luck.

ChrisA1 in all honesty its not in your best interest at all to discuss on any forum a property you want to sell for many reasons I wont list here as I don't want to put you at any possible further disadvantage.

I wouldn't mention another word on this until its settled. Shhh.. ;)

Best of luck with the sale!

Hi Chris,
Nice bachelor pad i must say! It'd be worth a mint and very tenantable at a good price in Sydney.
May i ask what paint and carpet you used? If you still remember. I like all the paint colours - they look different in all the rooms, although that could just be the lighting. I even like the feature wall in the living room, at the entrance to the balcony - nice masculine touch and not too contrasting as it's just a small frame around the balcony door. I'm not usually a fan of feature walls.

Back