1 Bedroom - Brisbane City

Hi All,

So I wanted your thoughts on a 1 Bedroom unit in Brisbane CBD around the 300k mark, 3.8k BC but no car park.

2006 Building – looks the goods and it has a study that can fit a single bed. My question is, at renting it out at $520 a week (long term tennants already there) what are the pitfalls of this purchase apart from minimal capital growth.

What are the downfalls of 1 Bedders?

Is the fact that it does not have a car park really an issue?

The rent covers all the expenses and more, why would they be selling it?

Will ring BC re any future works but 3.8k per year is quite low.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hiya

Sub 50 qm can be harder to finance, and many lenders have quite restrictive LVRS, with some lenders not taking them at all, and with some others going to normal LVRS even with mortgage insurance to 90/95 depending on a few things.

Many assets sell even though they have high rent rtns..............peoples reasons would be pretty varied for realising an asset Im sure

ta
rolf

Hi. Not to be rude but this is the same post you made over on Whirlpool a month ago, where there was plenty of good advise given, and after all the advise given, you never went back to, contributed to or updated.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1869020

Many here are also on Whirlpool, the advise will be pretty much the same.

Key thing is, whats the capital growth prospects. Small 1br's in tower blocks can be very slow to no growth.

Hi All,

So I wanted your thoughts on a 1 Bedroom unit in Brisbane CBD around the 300k mark, 3.8k BC but no car park.

2006 Building – looks the goods and it has a study that can fit a single bed. My question is, at renting it out at $520 a week (long term tennants already there) what are the pitfalls of this purchase apart from minimal capital growth.

What are the downfalls of 1 Bedders?

Is the fact that it does not have a car park really an issue?

The rent covers all the expenses and more, why would they be selling it?

Will ring BC re any future works but 3.8k per year is quite low.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks
There's plenty of these yields around, dual key, small apartments. Often great suburbs but huge blocks and strata fees, unless buying at distressed prices I don't see the point. You mention the capital growth consideration, which is the elephant in the room I think, if it fits!

Duly noted, thanks for the reply. I was unaware that the audience was the same.

Cheers.

Some crossover, but obviously a higher concentration of investors here.

As I said, wasnt trying to be rude :)

If there are a number of units for sale in the block, it could mean there is significant works required and people are selling up before the special levies are struck.

My main concern would be the no carpark. I know this is common in Sydney, but most units in Brisbane have car parking on title. This may limit future tenants.
Marg

no car park no buy unless it is dirt cheap.

No carpark will very much restrict your future sales options (most owner occupiers want a car park).

Its not just about how the figures stack up at purchase time, but also the ease and ability to sell it one day at a decent price. When it comes to selling time, one wants to attract the owner occupier market.

Back