10 years of Somersoft

Thanks to this forum the Somers, Sim, mods, and all the advice I have received over the years, for my wealth today.
Happy 10th anniversary.

Well done on your 10 year milestone!

I remember being here in '03. I was in the top ranked posters for a little while then, just lurk once a week these days :p

Ahhhh remember the conversion well - seems just like yesterday.. Thank you Sim and the Somers for providing us all this fabulous medium.

Sim, just wondering how many original web board forum members are still active posters today. Is there some way to find out?

Ditto on the conversion, and I'm still "alive".
And congrats/thanks to Sim, mods and Jan & Ian....always been my source of expert info.
:cool:

Sim, just wondering how many original web board forum members are still active posters today. Is there some way to find out?

Unfortunately, we weren't able to import users from WebBoard directly - people had to create their own user accounts in vBulletin and then I retroactively changed old user accounts for users I could identify to match the new vB accounts.

As such, I don't have a full list of WebBoard users in vB.

I guess I could try and find any user who was a member in 2002 or earlier (I backdated WebBoard users join dates in vB to match when they joined WebBoard, pre-dating the September 2002 launch of the vB forum) ... who is still active now.

Okay, there were 571 users listed with a join date earlier than 1st Jan 2003 and of those, 88 have visited the site at some time in 2012 ... 60 have visited within the past 3 months and 31 have posted in the past month.

Here is a list of those 31:

• Sim
  • Ian Somers
  • Rolf Latham
  • Kristine..
  • see_change
  • geoffw
  • Crystal
  • Rixter
  • flyingace
  • Elizabeth L
  • Mr. Fabulous
  • landlubber
  • Joe D
  • keithj
  • PT_Bear
  • Steve Navra
  • Ace in the Hole
  • Jacque
  • JamesGG
  • The Fence
  • WillG
  • NigelW
  • Ian (WA)
  • Lily House
  • Ajax
  • handyandy
  • arg821
  • Macca
  • Lofty
  • RightValue
  • XBenX

G'Day Sim

I clearly remember the day this new Board started up

As Member #20 since March, 2001 the Forum has been of real significance in my life. It is a dynamic, interesting and safe place to be. Safe, in that abuse and general bad manners are not tolerated here, it is a place for serious discussion about property investing and it has certainly inspired many people to consider investing in property

As always, thanks for all your work and of course to Jan & to Ian for making the Forum possible at all and to the Moderators and Administrators for the ongoing management and functioning of the site

Cheers
Kristine

Thanks Sim. For the list- and for all the great work you've been doing over the years. And not just technical- for the moderating work you've done as well.

It interesting to see that some people are still posting. I'd missed a few of those.

and for all the great work you've been doing over the years. And not just technical- for the moderating work you've done as well.

Thanks right back at you Geoff - without the users contributing, this forum would be nothing compared to what it is ... and the moderators who have worked hard over the years have helped make it happen.

I might have built the site, but I didn't make it great - everyone did that.

Sweet, made the list, surprisingly.

Sim, I just checked back on my history and found my first post to be on October 2001.
However, my stats say join date is September 2002.
Can I be promoted?

I was a latecomer to the Party having only joined up early 2004, I've learned a hell of a lot from many of the forum members over the years though and am still learning

Thanks to Sim as Administrator, the Moderators, the Forum Members, and most importantly, a big thank you to Jan & Ian as creators and hosts of this site, because without them, none of us would be on this forum.

The posts that bring an Aha moment, the members that ask a question you wanted to know the answer to also, strategy threads that get you thinking, seasoned members and industry participants who post here regularly, even the threads that chase Alice down the rabbit hole only to be padlocked by a Moderator.... all bring a variety of opinions and insight

Jim Rohn said

“You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.”

Spending time here brings my average up :D

chick_dance-gif.24312

And it sure beats waking up and reading the newspaper

Thanks to Sim and all the contributors and administrators. Having been on SS since 2002 (actually earlier but I changed logs in) I have found this an amazing source of information and continually amazed by the generosity of all involved.

There is just over 1.6mill people who have an investment property in Aust and I hazard to guess most are missing the best place for advice and help.

Keep up the work.

Jane Slack-Smith

Sweet, made the list, surprisingly.

Sim, I just checked back on my history and found my first post to be on October 2001.
However, my stats say join date is September 2002.
Can I be promoted?

I know I joined the original Somersoft forum back in late 1999..

Im not sure of the exact date the Somers started it though.. Ian or Sim do remember??

Great work Sim and all the mods :)
Somersoft is truly a wonderful resource and continues to be compellingly addictive at times... even just to "check in"!

Geez, to think that when I first found this site I still qualified for the 18-35 Contiki tours *sigh* How time marches on :D

Wow - 10 years! That makes me feel old.

Congrats to all the people involved in setting up, funding, and running this site - top job!

Caroline

Happy birthday Somersoft.
Thanks to all the mods and Sim for keeping it running and a great place to ask a million questions and gain support for all our endeavours - property and non property.

Joined the forum relatively recently, but yet to contribute.

Being an investor of some 9 properties, split between retain & build and reno's I have found this forum to be of a great help with ideas and points of view.

Congratulations on being able to keep the forum going for 10 years.

Back